The h2g2 Post 05.10.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 5th October 2015

These Are the Days of Miracles and Wonders

The supermoon over a cornfield. We're here, we're bizarre, get over it! Amazing things have happened in the past week:

  • The supermoon came up, underwent total eclipse, and then…it rained. At least, in the field where I took that picture. Anyhow, the world singularly failed to end. Unless it has, and nobody told me about it. I'm always the last to know.
  • h2g2 had a hiccough (or hiccup), and kept on ticking. We're still here, just like the moon and the Earth, and yeah, we know those Big Sites are, too, but they don't work as hard as we do. (They're not as funny, either.)
  • Create started its new October Bake-Off. We predict that between now and Halloween:
    • Mags will gain five pounds from kitchen testing.
    • 2legs will set fire to something. (Possibly himself.)
    • Yumminess will occur.

    We also predict that the Post Editor will not eat any of the recipes, unless gluten-free versions are submitted. (The Editor is allergic to all that flour.)

See? This is just an amazing time to be around h2g2. What have we got for you in this issue? A wondrous bird from the shrouded mists of antiquity, courtesy of Willem. A space movie from Awix. Hints and pointers to send you in the direction of ways to contribute to h2g2's growing panoply of paeans1 to Life, the Universe, and Everything. And jokes, jokes, and more jokes…

Speaking of the jokes. You can learn from these jokes. Find out what the ISS has been up to lately. Find out what the ancient world was like. (Okay, maybe not.) And learn why Fred of Prussia was so Great, he even got a mall named after him in Pennsylvania.

So, read and enjoy. Talk among yourselves. And have a glorious week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

MYSTERIOUS NATURE
  • Presbyornis by Willem.
  • Supermoon.

OUTER AND INNER SPACE

CONVEYING OUR RESPECTS

  • Nimrod's Used Chariots.
  • Washington in a toga.

A LAUGH A MINUTE
  • Fred the Great.

GET WRITING!
  • Create October Challenge: Bake-Off.
  • Istanbul is Constantinople...
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


1How's that for cool phraseology?

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87859804

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more