A Conversation for January Create: The Time-Twisting Trihexaflexagon

I like hexaflexagons

Post 1

SashaQ - happysad

This is indeed very clear now with the images on the page alongside the text smiley - ok

Excellent smiley - magic


I like hexaflexagons

Post 2

Willem

Thanks Sasha! I'll still try and make a proper Guide entry of this, with colours added and all ... when I have time!


I like hexaflexagons

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - oksmiley - oksmiley - ok

I look forward to that smiley - biggrin


I like hexaflexagons

Post 4

Baron Grim

I just made one and I can attest that it did succeed somewhat in twisting time and space.

I colored each of the three sides with markers with the colors corresponding thusly: 1-orange, 2-chartreuse, 3-pink. I then drew a triangle on my forehead. I colored in the top corner orange. I colored chartreuse the corner that appeared in my mirror image to be the lower right and pink the corner that appeared to by on the lower left. Indeed, the chartreuse side corresponded to my right hand side and pink to my left hand side. Yet when I had someone else look at me, they reported that chartreuse was to the left and pink to the right. But we both agreed that orange was on top.

How could the colors invert horizontally but not vertically?

I must have twisted space. smiley - scientist


I like hexaflexagons

Post 5

Willem

Hi Baron Grim! Thank you very much for that report. Your anecdote is going into the hexaflexagon research database.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for January Create: The Time-Twisting Trihexaflexagon

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more