Celebrate the bonny land to the north in song.
The Post Quiz: Scotland in Lyrics
As of this writing, we don't know how they'll vote, those Scots. But let's take a moment to celebrate the musical contribution of the Highlands, islands, and Lowlands. Each lyric contains a geographical location in Scotland. Complete the lyric from your vast musical knowledge.
Fill in the blanks.
- Past painted deserts the sunset's on fire
As he carries me home to the_____________.
- Fir me an' my true love will ne'er meet again
On the bonnie, bonnie banks o' ______________.
- Well, I just come down from the _____________
I'm not very big and I'm awfully shy…
- Flow gently, sweet ________, amang thy green braes,
Flow gently, I'll sing thee a song in thy praise…
- _________ is bonny, and there lives my love,
My heart it lies on him and cannot remove…
- She hasnae got nae culture, she drives me roon' the bend
Sittin' in her big armchair readin' the People's Friend
Her lapels are full of badges frae Butlins down at _____
And she goes to the bingo every night with the curlers in her hair.
- The Campbells are coming,
To bonny ____________...
- There once was a troop of Irish dragoons
Came marching down through _______-E-O…
- Oh I was born in _______
Near the centre of the town.
I would take you there and show you
But they've torn the building down…
- Let me tell you that I love you
And I think about you all the time
___________, you're calling, now I'm going home…
You knew them all, right? Answers on the tip of your tongue? If you weren't sure, click the pic.