Let's quiz you on…
Miscellaneous Useless Trivia
h2g2ers love weird facts. In fact, there's a popular Ask thread called 'useless facts'. The more useless the information, the more likely we are to savour it. That says something about us, but we're not saying what. We're too busy looking for more useless information.
How much of this useless information do you know?
- Before 1895, who always answered the phone by saying, 'Well, are you there?'
- What is the most common name in the world?
- Without looking it up, define 'lethologica'.
- What is the literal meaning of the word 'karaoke'?
- Why did the Eisenhower Administration require that one in every five miles of interstate highway be straight?
- What medical use did the ancient Egyptians find for crocodile dung?
- What is causing the University of Indiana's main library building to sink an inch every year?
- Elephants are the only mammals that can't do one simple thing. What is it?
- How far away can a human smell a skunk?
- Finally, this one, just for h2g2ers: a how-many-guns salute announces the birth of a British royal baby?
Think you knew them all? Click on the picture to check out the answers.