A Conversation for The h2g2 Post 03.03.14

In like a lion...

Post 1

Rod

Yerss...

Dunno about all you lot, here it started breezy, building up to windy.

Today is windy-plus - you know, that wind that carries the label:
"Warning: Contains Lumps of Gale".
Some roof & building & tree (again) damage in places.
(the news said gusts up to 130Km/hour but Beaufort suggests a touch of hyperbole there?).

Out like a lamb? Let's wait & see how frisky it is.


In like a lion...

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Wow. We have weather symmetry. smiley - laugh


In like a lion...

Post 3

Rod

Hi Dmitri,

I`ll be away for a while longer, maybe two weeks.

For a treat for Ms Stress we`re aboard `Rhapsody of the Seas` on a cruise to some of the Islands, second day of apparantly interminable cruising, to Fiji. Weather good - its living up to it`s name so far - Pacific - the highest swell height noted so far was about a metre. Breezy though.

Perhaps Ill log in occasionally or perhaps not, its a bit fiddly.


Rod


In like a lion...

Post 4

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

smiley - cool I hope the waves stay small. I hope the both of you have a great time in the South Pacific. Fiji -wow that's exotic. I hope the grub is good, it usually is on those cruise ships. Scratch down some notes so you can share with smiley - thepost readers. I hope the Green man won't pine away for you. smiley - laugh


In like a lion...

Post 5

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - biggrin That sounds wonderful, Rod. Have a good time, both of you!


In like a lion...

Post 6

Rod

Yep, a great cruise... notes? not a one. Too lazy, too much going on but I will try to put something together.
to be fair, I did make some notes an settled to write 'em up on line but - at 75c/minute & 10 mins to figure out how to use their damn machine it was a no-brainer so you'll have to do with memory (when/if I remember to try after all the catching-upping now we're home.

Yes, I'll try

Rod

ps the highest waves I heard reported were 5 to 6 metres. The ship's stabilisers are pretty good though & I don't think more than a few percent of passengers were badly affected (except for a couple of acquaintances who were ... but they're regular cruisers, even so).


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The h2g2 Post 03.03.14

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more