While we're complaining about the weather, let's take a quiz.
The Post Quiz: Major Weather Events
Everybody's complaining about the weather. It was ever thus. Some people have had more to complain about than others. Weather can be a life-changing event.
Can you identify these major weather events of yore?
- What were Britons near the Channel complaining about in 6100 BCE? (No, it wasn't the football results.)
- Of course, everybody knows the weather gods love England. What did they do to defeat the Spanish Armada in 1588?
- A strange hysteria gripped New England in 1692. What bizarre legal proceedings were inspired by unfortunate weather conditions?
- Apparently, they scare easily in New England. What probably caused people in 1780 to think the world was coming to an end?
- What is the connection between weather and the French Revolution?
- What meteorological phenomenon is commemorated in Edvard Munch's painting 'The Scream'?
- What strange rain had people running for cover in Bath, England, in 1894?
- What prolonged weather phenomenon drove people out of Oklahoma in their thousands in the 1930s?
- What weather phenomenon may have caused the Hindenburg disaster?
- What did most to defeat Hitler's Russian campaign in 1941?
Think you're weather-savvy? Click on the picture below to find out.