A Conversation for The Ghosts of Christmas Past

Great story and lovely pictures!

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

This was really a terrifically good story. Your children were really blessed --think how much they learned and her response was smiley - cool too. How neat that you all had a wonderful experience. I sometimes wish I had been clever enough to ask my maternal grandparents questions about Lithuania. There isn't a whole lot that is known here comparitively, and in 1905 when they came what their expectations were of going to a new country. I just found out recently that my paternal grandfather was in fact a member of the Leni Lenape tribe in Pennsylvania and my grandmother was a rather racy lady for a mennonite. All of which I learned way too late to ask for their stories first hand. What missed opportunities.


Great story and lovely pictures!

Post 2

FWR

Do you know we had the exact same conversation at dinner last night, so much family history lost just because at the time we were all far too busy with our own lives to enquire about the things people close to us lived through. Oh for a time machine!

Thanks Elektra.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Ghosts of Christmas Past

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more