A Conversation for Walt Disney Imagineering

Peer Review: A87815424 - Walt Disney Imagineering

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: Walt Disney Imagineering - A87815424
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

A Flea Market Rescue – the original is:
Entry: **Walt Disney Imagineering** - A2171215
Author: LittleMissFordPrefect * scfitu * KoRCS * - U178035

I recently went to Disney World with the family, and spent my pocket money on lots of the 'Imagineers Guide to...' books about how the parks were designed and built. Having decided to rescue this from the Flea Market, I'm trying a revolutionary 'less is more' approach.
I could have gone on into much more detail (especially with the different jobs imagineers do – there must be a law which states that any book or publication that mentions Imagineers must say 'there are over 140 jobs that Imagineers do'...) but I think this works quite well as a short introduction, and most of the detail would be best placed if someone else later wants to write about the individual parks/attractions concerned.

<BB<


A87815424 - Walt Disney Imagineering

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok I enjoyed this

The WEDway PeopleMover was one of my favourite attractions in Florida, even though it wasn't very accessible, and I was so disappointed when I found they had changed it into something else the second time we went - good to know it lives on elsewhere.

I think your list of Disney Theme Parks in footnote 2 would be better grouped by place - Florida, Paris, Tokyo, etc.

To make a better ending, I think the last two sentences could be switched round.

smiley - ok


A87815424 - Walt Disney Imagineering

Post 3

Bluebottle

Thanks for your suggestionssmiley - smiley
I've changed the sentences and, after attempting re-grouping footnote 2, decided that the footnote was too long and simply incorporated it into the text as a list.

I didn't realise the WEDway had actually physically changed – I thought they'd just changed the name? As I've only been over the once, I can't really say.

<BB<


A87815424 - Walt Disney Imagineering

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Excellent list of theme parks smiley - ok In the last paragraph, you could delete the second "have also".

I went in 1992 and again in 1994. In 1992, the WEDway PeopleMover was an actual PeopleMover that took us through a futuristic town and felt like a realistic vision of the future. In 1994, it was a thing that had the same infrastructure, but a different name, and the carriages moved faster through it and the storyline of the ride was pretty insipid, so I wasn't impressed (especially after the effort it took me to get up there...).

I loved EPCOT as a whole, though, and the Magic Kingdom smiley - magic


A87815424 - Walt Disney Imagineering

Post 5

Bluebottle

I have also have also have also I have - hmm, you're right, I did have a plethora of 'have also' and have also written 'have also' too often in that last paragraph, three times in three sentences. So I have also deleted it as suggested, and have also removed the final one so that those two words only appear once. smiley - winkeye

<BB<


A87815424 - Walt Disney Imagineering

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - oksmiley - laugh


A87815424 - Walt Disney Imagineering

Post 7

Bluebottle

Tweaked to include Westworld and Stepford Wives smiley - winkeye

<BB<


A87815424 - Walt Disney Imagineering

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 10

Bluebottle

smiley - applauseWell done LittleMissFordPrefect!

<BB<


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 11

Geggs

Congratulations! smiley - applause


Geggs


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 12

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - bubblysmiley - biggrin


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 13

bobstafford

Well done smiley - applause


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Walt Disney Imagineering

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more