A Conversation for Cheese Footballs [Peer Review version]

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 61

You can call me TC

>> A million housewives every day pick up a tin of beans and say "Beans means Heinz" <<

I challenge you to get that tune out of your head before tea time.

And beans are served on toast so you don't lose any of the sauce - it soaks into the bread an all gets eaten.

Yum.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 62

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I took a look at Youtube, and you know, I think the advertising in the UK was quite different from in the US. smiley - smiley Somebody could get an entry right there.

And thanks for the toast explanation - my mom was the only person I knew who ate beans - in her case, navy beans - on a slice of bread. Maybe that was why, I never thought to ask. smiley - laugh


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 63

You can call me TC

BTW Baked beans are really easy to make. Might have been a fluke, but I once made some and they were nearly as good as Heinz.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 64

AgProv2

"There never were exactly 57. They picked that number out of a hat - 7 being lucky. But they insisted they had at least that many".

Apparently in the graphic novel "Watchmen", to subtly illustrate the point it's set on a parellel Earth, one of the characters is in his kitchen eating beans - the little detail on the can, as pointed out by eagke-eyed readers, is that on that alternative Earth, Heinz has fifty-eight varieties....


Key: Complain about this post

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

More Conversations for Cheese Footballs [Peer Review version]

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more