A Conversation for Burchell's Glossy Starling

Starlings

Post 1

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

Awful, awful, pest here are the introduced and thus 'feral' European starling but our own home grown starling the * Metallic Starling*

Aplonis metallica is an absolute ripper of a bird; blood red eyes with a dark centre and as noisy as a...well, Metalica concert!

All efforts to exterminate the European starling and Indian myna bird have failed although the common English sparrow is dying out in certain urban areas which is a good thing. One can only hope that the other feral birds follow them into oblivion.


Starlings

Post 2

Willem

Hello Keith and thanks for commenting! Your Metallic Starling looks very similar to our glossy starlings. Sorry to hear about the European starling and Indian mynahs being pests there ... over here the mynah is now also very common but the European starling for some reason not.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Burchell's Glossy Starling

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more