A Conversation for The Sonic the Hedgehog Series and Spin-offs: 2000-2004

Edited Guide Writing Workshop: A87766249 - The Sonic the Hedgehog Series and Spin-offs: The 2000s

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: The Sonic the Hedgehog Series and Spin-offs: The 2000s - A87766249
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

Part Two of a Flea Market Rescue, based on A776568 'The Sonic The hedgehog series,spin offs and secrets' by Jenny Tablina (U197495). During this period, the only console I personally owned was a GameCube, although my wife owned a PlayStation, DS and Wii. So there are a few games I've not actually played. I am hoping to find some gamers who would be willing to collaborate and write a paragraph on each game listed covering the period 2000-2009 (more recent games such as London Olympics etc do not count)

<BB<


A87766249 - The Sonic the Hedgehog Series and Spin-offs: The 2000s

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Hi Bluebottle. Obviously you can write whatever you like, but I fear that if you provide that much detail for that number of different games, this entry will become very long and tedious.

One of the distinguishing features of h2g2 Entries is that they should be interesting. Wikipedia, on the other hand, doesn't require entries to be interesting - or even true for that matter - just verifiable.

Do you think anybody would read this Entry in the way you've planned it?


A87766249 - The Sonic the Hedgehog Series and Spin-offs: The 2000s

Post 3

Bluebottle

Hello - thanks for your honest comments, which are always appreciated. As this has started as a Flea Market rescue of an article on all Sonic games written up to the point of the article's abandonment, my initial idea was that the article needed to be split up, and by decades seemed to be the most sensible way.

I can honestly state that when I started, I had no idea that there were quite so many Sonic games out there. I've only ever noticed the ones for the consoles I (or my wife) actually own. I am now seriously considering cutting this in half and having this cover 2000-2004, with a short paragraph or two about the remaining games of this period.

Do I think anybody would read this Entry in the way I've planned it? I never assume that anyone would read anything I write anyway (although obviously I hope they would). I probably find it more enjoyable to write about something than people enjoy reading what I write - but you are correct that I should consider the (hopefully existing) readers' experience in reading what I write.

<BB<


A87766249 - The Sonic the Hedgehog Series and Spin-offs: The 2000s

Post 4

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

I've only ever played the ones for the Xbox 360 and Wii(never had a Sega meself, I was SNES woman and moved on from there)

If you need any help with this, mind, do please give me a shout, my children have played a *lot* of them (generally via emulators)


A87766249 - The Sonic the Hedgehog Series and Spin-offs: The 2000s

Post 5

Bluebottle

Okay, I've decided to split this in half. Anyone wanting to write about the period 2005-2009 may find the below useful:

Consoles
Sonic the Hedgehog games could be played on the following games consoles:
Nintendo DS – Double-Screened handheld console launched in 2004 offering a touch-screen and wireless play, but capable of playing Game Boy Advance games. Later versions included DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL. This is the 21st Century's most popular handheld console to date.
Nintendo Wii – released in 2006 and aimed at a family audience, the Wii has proved more popular than its competitors the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 due to its motion-sensing technology. GameCube games can be played on it. Originally it was going to be called Revolution, which would have involved fewer toilet jokes.
PlayStation 2 - the follow up to the popular Sony PlayStation released in 2000.
PlayStation 3 – the follow up to the popular PlayStation 2, released in 2006. It helped ensure the popularity of Blu-Ray discs over HD-DVD.
PSP – The PlayStation Portable was a hand-held console released in 2004. It was compatible with the PlayStation 2 and 3 and some films etc were released on its Universal Media Disc format, allowing to be used as a portable television, although this was not popular.
Xbox 360 – Microsoft's follow up, released in 2005. There are many, many different versions containing different sized hard drives.



Sonic Rush (DS - 2005)
Shadow the Hedgehog (GameCube, PlayStation 2, X-Box – 2005)
Sonic Riders (GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox – 2006)
Sonic Rivals (PSP – 2006)
Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP – 2007)
Sonic the Hedgehog (PlayStation 3, XBox 360 – 2006)
Sonic Rush Adventure (DS – 2007)
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii – 2007)
Mario &amp; Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii &amp; DS – 2008)
Mario Brothers
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (Wii, PlayStation 2 – 2008)
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (DS – 2008)
Sonic Unleashed (Wii, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 – 2008)
Sega Superstars Tennis (Wii, DS, PlayStation 2&amp;3, Xbox360 – 2008)
Sonic and the Black Knight – (Wii – 2009)
Mario &amp; Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Wii &amp; DS – 2009)

I'm not going to write about 2005-2009 this year any way - I'm all Soniced out, so anyone else who wants to is welcome to. I'll finish off 2000-2004, though.

<BB<


A87766249 - The Sonic the Hedgehog Series and Spin-offs: The 2000s

Post 6

Bluebottle

Now in Peer Review. See: F48874?thread=8297099

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more