A Conversation for h2g2 Running Club

Too hot to trot!

Post 1

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

This evening I had the first properly hot run of the year. It was a boiling and very slow five miles which took 50 minutes. Definitely prefer running when it is freezing out. Am sure I'll get used to running in the heat, hope it happens soon! Must start taking a water bottle too, on the longer runs.


Too hot to trot!

Post 2

KB

That's why I like running in the rain! It's so refreshing compared to a really sunny, hot day.


Too hot to trot!

Post 3

Pastey

I went running in the snow once, it was good but I kept worrying about slipping on the ice. Other than the worry for that, it was much easier to run.


Too hot to trot!

Post 4

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

I've done snow, ice, frost (was -9 according to the thermometer in somebody's car!) which made my legs glow bright red when I got into the warm, rain and hail within the last few months, and now scorchio heat.

I don't much like the very icy runs as you worry about falling. I don't mind rain, hail is bloody annoying though!

I have run the fastest on the very cold days - in fact the very cold but cloud-free days are the ones that make me go fastest. That kind of brittle, bright weather always makes your heart soar.

But I don't like the heat. I will have to invest in one of those shaped water bottles so I don't et too annoyed at carrying one - I usually prefer to run early morning but these later ones are going to need water.


Too hot to trot!

Post 5

Pastey

I like the colder runs, but I find I struggle to breath if it's too cold. Mind you, I struggle to breath most of the time when running smiley - biggrin


Too hot to trot!

Post 6

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

I like the ones where it feels like the inside of your nose is burning, but it usually waers off after the first half mile, and I usually have my gloves off by 1.5 miles. Not that -9 run though, that was still painful to breathe at 2 miles and the gloves never came off at all - unheard of!


Too hot to trot!

Post 7

Pastey

I'm not really up to those distances yet, but I do get warm after just a few hundred metressmiley - laugh


Too hot to trot!

Post 8

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

I managed three runs on holiday in Spain, all around 3 miles and run in the morning before it got properly hot. Was ok, not as humid as here so felt better! I was hoping this would acclimtise me to summer conditions when I got home smiley - rofl

Had a run on saturday after I got back and was barely sweaty, and it looks like tomorrow's on will be soggy to say the least *sigh*. I don't mind running in the rain as it usually keeps me cool, but I am all geared up for hot weather running now...


Too hot to trot!

Post 9

Pastey

Cleaning over the weekend seems have to kicked up a lot of dust and killed my lungs. No running for a couple of days smiley - sadface


Key: Complain about this post