Nonsense

0 Conversations

Dear Head of Science,
I have been in contact with the government recently asking them if they wish to censor the many scientific facts that tend to undermine the theory of evolution? They have three times failed to answer this question causing me to write to all 650 MPs, here are some answers I received.
One MP. Replied to say,
"You write that - children have a right to question everything that pretends to be proven — and I certainly agree. The nature of science is such that questioning assumptions is an inherent part of the process of scientific discovery, and one that we should most definitely be encouraging in schools. Any scientific theory is indeed a work in progress and as such, is improved by questioning. Evolution is no exception and indeed good teaching on how science progresses and is advanced is an essential part of teaching science. I am sure that the overwhelming majority of both teachers and scientists would agree.
May I also make a distinction between evolution, a scientific theory, and evolutionism? The former has a valuable place in science lessons and should not be protected from scientific enquiry. The latter is a belief system rooted in an atheistic worldview, and therefore is of an entirely different character. The process of discussion, inquiry and education that applies must necessarily also be different. I suggest that the place for discussion of evolutionism is in Religious Education lessons.
Another MP writes. 'Furthermore, I believe that individual schools should be allowed to decide for themselves how to teach theories regarding the origins of life.
I have therefore put together a number of these facts to help bring balance back to this part of the curriculum.
If evolution is true, then these 18 facts need to be answered in the classroom. Please will you make sure that they are addressed in your school?
I give permission for them to be copied and distributed to students if you so wish. I was advised to reduce the number of facts to 18; there are more available contact me at [email protected] if you would like these more controversial facts.
My thanks to Dr Russell Humphries who did most of the research into these facts.
Yours sincerely,


Tony Davies


Fact 1) Red shift in starlight used to suggest that the universe is expanding and from which the 'Hubble Constant' is derived, has been shown to be incorrect by the work of the astronomer Halton Arp. Halton was a colleague working alongside Professor Hubble and continued his work after his death. He noticed apparent connections between quasars, which have very large red shifts and galaxies with much smaller red shifts. His colleagues suggested that it was just an optical illusion, but he has now discovered a quasar in front of a galaxy! The conclusion is that red shift has nothing to do with the distances to stars or an expanding universe, but is probably a measure of gravity. This of course undermines the 'Big Bang.'
Interestingly, his time on the telescope was taken from him, but he continues his work from published data. Type his name into a search engine to read this for yourself.
Fact 2) If the Solar System is as old as taught by the evolution theory, there should be no long period comets. The so-called Oort cloud has never been seen and so remains hypothetical, i.e. not a fact as yet observed.
Fact 3) It is well known that for many reasons the Earth is 'just right' to maintain life, some of the constants are so well tuned that the slightest change would prevent life beginning or continuing. 'The Goldilocks effect' To counter this, some scientists suggest that there are multi-verses of which ours is the one that works. These multi-verses are not detectable therefore not a fact as yet.
Fact 4) Spiral galaxies should not exist.
Galaxies rotate around their centre, thus stars on the outer edges have to travel at huge speeds leading to the spiral arms, however if they are billions of years old they should be amorphous discs,

so called 'dark matter' that is supposed to hold them together, has not been detected.
Fact 5) Not enough mud on the sea floor.
Each year about 20 billion tonnes of dirt and rock from the continents is deposited into the oceans. It accumulates as loose sediment on top of the hard lava formed basalts of the ocean floor. The average depth of the sediment worldwide is less than 400 meters. The main way known to remove the sediment is by plate tectonics subduction. It is estimated that the process presently removes only 1 billion tons per year. Evolution suggests that the sea is three billion years old. The evidence suggests the oldest that the sea could be is less than 12 million years.
Fact 6) There is not enough sodium in the sea.
Rivers and other sources dump over 450 million tons of sodium into the ocean each year. Only27% manages to escape from the sea each year. Once again the maximum age of the sea can only be 62 million years not the 3 billion years that evolution claims.
Fact 7) The Earth's magnetic field is decaying too fast.
The total energy stored in Earth's magnetic field is decreasing with a half-life of 1,465 (+-165) years. There are complicated and inadequate evolutionist attempts to explain this. A much better theory exists which matches paleomagnetic, historic, and present data, most startlingly with evidence for rapid changes. The main result is that the field's total energy (not surface intensity) has always decayed at least as fast as now. At that rate the field could not be more than 20,000 years old, not the evolutionist's 4.7 billion years.
Fact 8) Many strata are too tightly bent.
In many mountainous areas, strata thousands of feet thick are bent and folded into hairpin shapes. The conventional geological time scale says these formations were deeply buried and solidified for hundreds of millions of years before they were

bent. Yet folding occurred without cracking, with radii so small that the entire formation had to be still wet and unsolidified when the bending occurred. This implies that the folding occurred less than thousands of years after deposition.
Fact 9) Injected sandstone shortens geologic 'ages'.
Strong geologic evidence exists that the Cambrian Sawatch sandstone - formed an alleged 500 million years ago - of the Ute Pass fault, west of Colorado Springs, was still unsolidified when it was extruded up to the surface during the uplift of the Rocky Mountains, allegedly 70 million years ago. The hardened formations are called 'clastic dykes' or 'rockwalls', which are formed as a soft, plastic, slurry of particles is squeezed up through the overlying material. It is inconceivable that the sandstone would not solidify during the supposed 430 million years it was underground. Instead it is likely that the two geologic events were less than hundreds of years apart, thus greatly shortening the geologic time scale.
Fact 10) Fossil radioactivity shortens geologic 'ages' to a few years.
Radio halos are rings of colour formed around microscopic particles of radioactive minerals in rock crystals. They are fossil evidence of radioactive decay. 'Squashed' polonium-210 radio halos indicate that Jurassic, Triassic, and Eocene formations in the Colorado plateau were deposited within months of one another, not hundreds of million of years apart as required by the conventional time scale. 'Orphan' Polonium-218 radio halos, having no evidence of their mother elements, imply accelerated nuclear decay and very rapid formation of associated minerals.
Of course, if nuclear decay had been accelerated in the past, that falsifies a key assumption of radiometric dating, i.e. that the decay rate has been constant. In the New Scientist magazine dated 1 Aug 2009 (Physics Letters A. vol. 373.p 1956) the decay of thorium 228 by using ultrasonic cavitation in water, the

radioactive decay rate was increased by a whopping factor of 10,000 times!
Fact 11) Helium in Zircons has not had time to diffuse out.
The RATE (Radioisotopes and the age of the Earth) project measured the amount of helium in zircons (ZrSiO crystals) in granite. The results show two things:
1. There must have been 1.5 billion years worth of decay -at current decay rates.
2. Large amounts, up to 58% of the helium are still there. Helium comprises small, hard, slippery atoms that diffuse readily - that is why helium balloons quickly deflate. And the new RATE experiments (confirmed by published data from other laboratories) show that helium diffuses so rapidly out of zircon show that it should have all but disappeared after about 100,000 years. In fact, the rate of helium leakage dates 'billion-year-old' zircons at 5680 + - 2000 years. Therefore the decay that produced the helium must have occurred within that time frame. But then how could so much helium have been produced and accumulated in so little time? The best answer seems to be an episode of accelerated nuclear decay.
Fact 12) Not enough Stone Age skeletons.
Evolutionary anthropologists say that the 'stone age' lasted for at least 100,000 years, during which time the world population of Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon men was roughly constant, between 1 and 10 million. All that time they were burying their dead with artefacts. By this scenario, they would have buried at least 4 billion bodies. If the evolutionary time scale is correct, buried bones should be able to last for much longer than 100,000 years, so many of the supposed 4 billion stone age skeletons should still be around (and certainly the buried artefacts). Yet only a few thousand have been found. This implies that the stone age was much shorter than evolutionists think, a few hundred years in many areas.

Maybe a Fact 13) Agriculture is too recent
The usual evolutionary picture has men existing as hunters and gatherers for 100,000 years during the Stone Age before discovering agriculture less than 10,000 years ago. Yet the archaeological evidence shows that Stone Age men were as intelligent as we are. It is very improbable that none of the 4 billion people mentioned in fact 12 should discover that plants grow from seeds. It is more likely that men were without agriculture for a little time, if at all.
Maybe a Fact 14 History is too short
According to evolutionists, Stone Age man existed for 100,000 years before beginning to make written records about 4,000 to 5,ooo years ago. Prehistoric man built megalithic monuments, made beautiful cave paintings, and kept records of lunar phases. Why would he wait a thousand centuries before using the same skills to record history?
Fact 15) Ubiquitous carbon-14
Carbon-14, is used in a well-known dating method. Many have the impression that it 'proves' millions of years, but this is impossible because it decays so fast. Its half-life is only 5730 years - that is, every 5,730 years it has decayed to only half its initial amount. After two half-lives, a quarter is left; after three half lives, only one eighth; after ten half lives, less than a thousandth is left. In fact, a lump of carbon 14 as massive as the earth would have all decayed after less than a million years. So if samples were really over a million years old, there should be no radiocarbon left.
The RATE research group investigated carbon 14 in a number of samples of coal and diamonds. A secular radiocarbon lab measured their radiocarbon content. There should be no carbon 14 at all if the coal and diamonds really were hundreds of millions years old as claimed, yet there was over 10 times the limit for detection. Thus they had radiocarbon 'ages' far less than a million years (indeed less than 100,000 years). Evolutionists date the diamonds at over a billion years old! So radiocarbon dating is powerful evidence against them!

Fact 16) Dinosaur blood vessels, cells and preserved heme
Dr Mary Schweitzer analysed T.rex bones under a microscope, and relates; 'tiny round objects, translucent red with a dark centre. Then colleague took one look at them and shouted," You've got red blood cells, you've got red blood cells!'" She even showed that there was enough of the haemoglobin fragments to produce an immune reaction in rats, and that the haemoglobin had the correct spectra. Later, after dissolving the bone matrix, she discovered soft, fibrous tissue remained, including blood vessels containing blood cells.
She first 'said to the lab technician: "The bones are after all, 65 million years old. How could blood cells survive that long?'" Later, she said, 'If you take a blood sample, and you stick it on a shelf, you have nothing recognizable in about a week. So why would there be anything left in dinosaurs?' It is more scientific to go with the observed dinosaur blood and tissue and observed rates of decay, which suggest a date of thousands of years at most, rather than the unobserved millions of years as Schweitzer does.
Fact 17) DNA decays too fast
Natural radioactivity, mutations, and decay degrade DNA and other biological material rapidly. Measurements of the mutation rate of mitochondrial DNA recently forced researchers to revise the age of 'mitochondrial Eve' from a theorised 200,000years down to possibly as low as 6,000 years. DNA experts insist that DNA cannot exist in natural environments longer than 10,000 years, yet intact strands of DNA appear to have been recovered from fossils allegedly much older: Neanderthal bones, insects in amber, and even from dinosaur fossils. Bacteria allegedly 250 million years old apparently have been revived with no DNA damage.

Fact 18) Too few supernova remnants
According to astronomical observations, galaxies like our own experience about one supernova (an exploding star) every 25 years. The gas and dust remnants from such explosions (like the Crab Nebula) expand outward rapidly and should remain visible for over a million years. Yet the nearby parts of our galaxy in which we could observe such gas and dust shells contain only about 200 supernova remnants. That number is consistent with only 7,000 years worth of supernovas, not millions of years as believed by evolutionists.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87745800

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more