How To Make A Dead Chicken Out Of A Restaurant Napkin

1 Conversation

Are you sitting in a restaurant waiting for your meal and wondering how to impress your children? That's lucky, then, because this entry is for you.

You will need a cloth napkin. Oh, look, they've left one for you on the table. They must have known! Open it out fully. You may need to push all the plates and other extraneous stuff to one side and place the napkin with one edge parallel to the edge of the table.

Now start to roll the edge (of the napkin, not the table) nearest you to the middle of the napkin. Stop at the middle. Turn the napkin around 180 degrees and roll the edge nearest you to meet roll you made earlier, in the middle.

It doesn't look like a dead chicken yet, does it? Good, feel reassured.

Now take the left and right ends of the rolls and fold them upwards so that all 4 rolled ends are together. Place your finger and thumb of one hand in the rear two roll ends and the other finger and thumb in the front two rolled ends. Yes, you now have mixed the ends. Fish around to find the corner bits in the centre of the rolls - you may need to use your chest as another surface to aid your grip. Now bring your thumb and forefinger of each hand together gripping the pair of corners in each. Pull them out. It will look like you are turning the whole thing inside out. Keep pulling until you can't pull any more.

Now hold it up and voila, your family will see you have turned it into a dead chicken, as bought in any high street butchers shop - but without the calorific value or giblets.

If it doesn't work you have clearly not read these instructions correctly. Laugh out loud and wipe the perspiration off your forehead with the crumpled napkin as if that's all you were going to do all the time.

This is suitable for vegetarians and others who would not normally fondle dead meat.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87732066

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more