The h2g2 Post 07.11.11

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 7th November 2011

We Told You Not to Push That Button, lil

Ah, distinctly we remember, it was in the bleak November1... But Halloween and that Guy guy have come and gone, and we are all cheery again. At least, we hope so. German children are going around singing about St Martin, who was a cool frood you can read about (just click on the Front Page, he's here all week).

Our volunteers are settling into their jobs nicely. Hardly anybody threw a computer out the window this week. lil's been behaving herself – that heading was just yanking your chain, love.

We have lots of fun entries for you this week. Our two space writers in residence are dishing up scifi to warm the cockles of your digital hearts, while Beatrice, Willem, Vestboy and Awix take us on more terrestrial journeys. Tavaron has picked up the Art Challenge gauntlet (thanks, Tav!), while minichessemouse pays tribute to Pastey. (Yeah, we know he'd rather have beer. But he gets cartoons.)

Read, reflect, enjoy. Next week, we go all postmodern and high-concept. Send your fancy prose/poetry/performance art to us.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

LEARNING AND THE ARTS

(This is the intelligent bit)

 

 
LIFE ON A STRANGE ISLAND

(This is the UK bit)
BUREAU OF h2g2 AFFAIRS

(This is the self-referential bit)

  • h2g2 Life

  • Wowbagger's illogical conversation. (Not news on h2g2.)

THE OUTSIDE WORLD

(It really does exist)
OTHER WORLDS, OTHER IDEAS

(We are nothing if not balanced)

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


1Yeah, yeah, we know it was December. Editorial licence, here.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87709468

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more