A Conversation for To Whom It May Concern

Freedom for the Pohénégamook one.

Post 1

Bagpuss

I can't believe I missed this last week, jwf. Top.

You've probably heard now that the guy arrested at the gas station has finally been allowed to return home (though he still has to stand trial for his heinous crime), but not before the US authorities managed to pull a brilliant Catch 22: His father paid bail so he could be released on the condition (amongst others) that he not leave the country. However, since he was in the country illegally, and hence wasn't allowed to stay, he had to be locked up again. And his dad didn't get the bail money back. smiley - headhurts

You missed one as well - what about the guy whom the US authorities deported to Syria despite the fact he was a Canadian citizen?


Freedom for the Pohénégamook one.

Post 2

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Hiya Baggy.

Apologies for the delayed response. I forgot to subscribe to the Post version of this page and had not seen your posting.

I'm also a little embarassed that you not only know more about this subject than I do but you also took the trouble to spell Phenobarbatook or whatever correctly. (And they say Canada doesn't know how to select suitable immigrants or issue student visas to the best and brightest!)

I have only since learned about that poor Canadian of Syrian origins who was deported directly to a Syrian 'detention center' from the US in spite of his Canadian citizenship and passport. The media didn't seem to care! It's a deplorable situation and the sooner our Prime Minister demands the man be released, the happier I will be.

Hope you're still enjoying your stay in Canada.
peace
jwf


Freedom for the Pohénégamook one.

Post 3

Bagpuss

Don't worry, I've done that before.

You know, I probably read more about the guy who was sent to Syria in the Globe and Mail letters page, which honestly had some people defending the US (last comment was along the lines of, "Well if Syria's so bad, then why are they on the UN security council telling George Bush what he can and can't do," which was rather besides the point).

Oh, I only spelt the place correctly because I couldn't remember the name and had to look it up.

Hey, just realised this week's edition will be up now. smiley - run


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more