Talking Point: Evolution and the Human Body

53 Conversations

A human, a strand of DNA and a human-octopus hybrid

Evolution is a continual process that is going on around us all the time. The human body, however, has changed little since Homo Sapiens appeared between 40,000 and 10,000 BC. Has our removal from the habitat that created us meant that we have reached a plateau in the evolution stakes?

Will science take over as the major force behind physical change? If so how would you like human beings to look in the future?

  • Has evolution come to a juddering halt?

  • Will science and genetic engineering become the major force behind phsyical change?

  • What will the typical human look like in 2103?

  • If you could redesign the human body, what changes would you make?

  • Which limbs and features would you get rid of and which would escape the cut?

  • Would you add new features? Would they be functional or decorative?

A568721

Graphic supplied by Community Artist DoctorMO


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A869178

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more