The Quest

1 Conversation

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This story is a work of fiction. (I think you've probably read the disclaimer enough times by now, so I'm leaving it out. If you miss it, you can find it at the top of this episode.)

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

'Well, what are you waiting for? Take us there!'
sea cried.

The cat's grin got wider.

'You'll have to do something for me first. I promise, it'll only take a second...'

sea was not amused.

'Oh, no, cat. You'll have to tell me what it is before I'll commit to help you.'

'I'm sorry, baby, it doesn't work that way. Yes or no,'
said the cat.

'Yo is waiting...'

sea seethed for a moment.

'Let me confer with my associates,'
she said.

Marv and Gw7en exchanged glances, then moved away from the cat to hear what sea had to

say.

'WHAT travel capabilities, old man?'
Yo was not amused.

'Oh, you know, the standard travel-sizing function. Vortex collapses to about the size of a briefcase. You'll have to put a new piece of fairy cake in afterwards, though. Haven't quite worked out how to protect it from squashing... Maybe some sort of anti-matter device...'
the old man muttered to himself.

Yo jumped to his feet.

'For the gods' sakes, show me how to do it before Shazz gets back, you crazy old fool!'

'Too late,'
said Shazz from behind him.

sea, apparently, was in no mood for games.

'All right, you two. On my signal, Gw7en, you scream to distract the cat. I'll push it back in the trunk. Marv, you jump in the driver's seat and find a convenient cliff to drive the car over. Be careful.'

They nodded solemnly and turned back to the cat.

'So, furball, what happens if I refuse to help you?'
sea asked.

The cat's grin turned cold.

'I'll eat you alive.'

sea arched an eyebrow.

'Well, I'll have to give you points for originality. But alas... Gw7en! Now!'

Gw7en screamed.

The Quest
Collection

sea

24.10.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A857298

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more