A Conversation for The Mandelbrot Set

A85021616 - The Mandelbrot Set

Post 21

Hoovooloo

A87716884

That's very much first draft. I've not GuideML'd it. Again, not sure if it's rude to do this, sorry if it is.

Also, I'm still thinking about how to shoehorn in a joke somewhere in a footnote early on. Joke is as follows:

Bunch of prisoners in WW2 escape from a prison camp. They're running from pursuit when they reach an airfield, with various aircraft sitting around. They all pile into the first one they come to, and one of them says "Ladislav the mathematician used to fly in the last war - he can be the pilot!". Ladislav gets into the cockpit, but he's faced with a huge array of instruments he's not familiar with, controls he doesn't know how to work, and all the while his fellow escapees are shouting at him that the pursuing soldiers are getting closer. After a few moments he wails "I'm just a simple Pole in a complex plane!".

Ay theng yo.


A85021616 - The Mandelbrot Set

Post 22

Gnomon - time to move on

That's a good entry, Hoo. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

I'm not sure what we'll do with it at this stage, because the original author of the entry in Peer Review is still around - he's just very busy with his college work at the moment. If he returns to this any time soon, he gets first dibs on what goes into the entry. If on the other hand he's too busy to ever get back to this, we might combine yours and his together, or use yours.


A85021616 - The Mandelbrot Set

Post 23

Hoovooloo

Fair enough. smiley - ok


A85021616 - The Mandelbrot Set

Post 24

Geggs

Is it still the rule that a researcher can be declared as Elvised two months after their last posting and the entry moved to the Flea Market?

If so, frleon will be smiley - elvis on Christmas Day, unless they post in the meantime.

Hoo could then submit his entry to PR without any suggestion of rudeness.


Geggs


A85021616 - The Mandelbrot Set

Post 25

Hoovooloo

umm...?


A85021616 - The Mandelbrot Set

Post 26

Gnomon - time to move on

You can submit your entry to Peer Review if you like, Hoo. But I feel that this one has something that yours lacks, and vice versa. We really could do with a combination of the two.


A85021616 - The Mandelbrot Set

Post 27

Hoovooloo

If you can tell me what it is mine lacks, I'll have a go at putting it in...


A85021616 - The Mandelbrot Set

Post 28

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

May I suggest that this Entry is returned to ordinary Entry status? ie returned to frleon's personal space? It seems fair to go forward with hoovooloo's Entry in place of this, especially if some sort of credit would be given.


A85021616 - The Mandelbrot Set

Post 29

Gnomon - time to move on

Yes, by the normal rules, we can return this to the author's space, since he hasn't been around for more than three months. Will I do that?


A85021616 - The Mandelbrot Set

Post 30

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Yes please, that would be excellent, thanks.


A85021616 - The Mandelbrot Set

Post 31

h2g2 Guide Editors

Hi frleon.

We've removed this Entry from Peer Review because it wasn't ready for publication, and you weren't around to make any changes to it.

Thanks for taking the time to write the Entry, although it didn't work out in the end. We hope that when you return to h2g2, you'll be able to write many more Entries for the Guide.

smiley - smiley The h2g2 Guide Editors


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more