A Conversation for H2G2/LDers and Friends' Favourite TV Series...

My favourites.. which leave a lot to be desired to anyone except me. :-)

Post 1

Chovinano.

CADFAEL. In my opinion, a very distinct favourite. I would not have stayed glued to the screen for 3 hours every Saturday and Sunday had I not felt that these were worth watching. There were of course, things that I felt were a trifle..... conceived, but on the whole, I thought it was brilliant. Loved the blending of herbs... a thing my Great Grandmother and Grandmother were adept at....
Unfortunately... I'm not! I say 'unfortunately' - others might not!! smiley - biggrin The added bonus for this series is of course, that is based in an area that is local to ME. That has got to be good. smiley - smiley

Then, of course, there is The Chronicle!! If anyone has ever been an avid reader of The Weekly World News.... the series 'The Chronicle' is a must!!

Witchblade.... I quite like, but I reserve judgement.

Angel.... I swoon in anticipation of the next series, which seems to be taking WAYYYY too long!!

Buffy..... Am still waiting with anticipation, but not with a swoon. I just like to see a female portrayed who is capable of kicking some smiley - bleep!!

As regards animated series.... I have to say that my condemnation of Telewest is at its best at the moment! i.e. MY GOKU!! I cannot believe that tw have left their contract talks soooooooo longggg that the new series has started on the new channel of CNX, which TELEWEST have not yet got hold of!!

Oh.... oops! Their solution is to change my digibox!! My deepest sympathies to the engineer who was sent to complete that task today.... all to no avail!

As regards other favourite series, more akin to my serious side... Law & Order has to be a favourite of the moment.... In Suspicious Circumstances is yet another. Columbo is a favourite simply because I like the way he works.

Anything to do with Sherlock Holmes is a must for me, even... dare I say it... with 'Max Headroom' playing the title role!! YUK!!

David Suchet is a brilliant Poirot, as is Peter Ustinov. If anyone would like to correct me on my spelling of the names..... feel free.

I have to apologise now because what I am about to say is in no way related to a tv series as such...

Can we not have a favourite actor/actress of all time?

If this was the case... I would nominate Margaret Rutherford in the role of a Miss. Jane Marple.

Bette Davies would come close in ANY other role!!

Male actors! Good or 'hunky' that is the question!!
Or BOTH! That would defintely be a bonus!

I shall say no more. I fear I have already given away too many secrets! smiley - biggrin

AND, as my digibox is totally incapable of any activity until at least ..... poo..... 4.00 p.m. tomorrow afternoon.. I shall bid adieu!

So boring, and JUST when I had got my 360 link to work!! smiley - grr

What else can I say but my nail has broke, I'm stuck on the pc, my digibox is unfunctionable, the tw TOP engineer failed to pay me my promised visit, tw have STILL failed to provide me with my promised Goku, my friend who desperately needed me (according to her text msg) has failed to turn up, and..... WHO CARES!

Oh, for my beloved Cadfael. ALMOST man of my dreams.

OOPS! Think I've said a wee bit more than was expected.... if so.... smiley - sorrysmiley - biggrin

Your .... so fed up of tw ... friend
Janesmiley - rainbow
smiley - magic


My favourites.. which leave a lot to be desired to anyone except me. :-)

Post 2

The Paladin,Psychic Bulldozer and Knight of the Leisure District

hehehe

I like Cadfael too.

If you would like to learn herbology there are plenty of good books around and in some adult education centres there are classes so that the old knowledge is not lost.

My mum taught me some of what I know along with various Aunts smiley - laugh The rest I have learnt and still am learning from books and friends.
It takes along time smiley - smiley but the info is around if you want it.

smiley - sorry to hear about your digibox probs.Hopefully it will all be sorted soon but in the mean time have fun.
smiley - rainbow


My favourites.. which leave a lot to be desired to anyone except me. :-)

Post 3

Chovinano.

So glad you like Cadfael... addictive programme! I have to admit to the fact that I am addicted to anything as regards Forensic Science and Cadfael is the Forensic Scientist of his day.

Unfortunately, I`d had a bad day which is why the digibox stuff and everything came out all in one message. smiley - erm

One day, I shall learn my lesson, but that day is a long way away I fear. smiley - erm

I would go on but I think I did enuf of that last night! smiley - biggrin

Favourite tv series and it ended up being a deluge of everything that had been hassling me!! Dear oh dear... I will never learn!

Ah well... quid animus esse animus esse... what will be will be. smiley - smiley

I would say more on the subject of Herbology but for now, I shall... resist!

I figure that my fingers have done enough walking on this keyboard for the time being. smiley - biggrin

It was nice to hear from you.

Take care...

Jane smiley - rainbow
smiley - magic


My favourites.. which leave a lot to be desired to anyone except me. :-)

Post 4

Loup Dargent

jane...

gonna try to add your titles asap...

it's just today is quite busy on the "make h2g2 digibox friendly" front... quite exciting tho'... it's also great to see some researchers and programmers trying to find a more definitive solution to our problem...

there are three conversations on the subject... once we get a clearer picture of what is definitely possible i will link the threads to the "digibox friendly"...

and obviously until a solution is found we carry-on with the 360 link to access conversations...

talk later...

hi paladin : the same... i won't be able to talk much tonight... but i'm not ignoring anybody...


talk later everyone...

loupsmiley - fullmoon


My favourites.. which leave a lot to be desired to anyone except me. :-)

Post 5

kow


Well, that was a bit shortsmiley - sadface

Go on tell us about herbologysmiley - biggrin

smiley - winkeye

smiley - zen


My favourites.. which leave a lot to be desired to anyone except me. :-)

Post 6

Chovinano.

Hi loup..... ermmm... I went a little off the deep end so to speak!!

Please don`t be concerned about putting my favourites on the list.... I have more, but as I said, a lot have to with Forensic Science OR... Egyptology etc.

Trouble is... I`ve got too much to say and nowhere to say it. Which is when the poetry starts to flow. But thats another story. smiley - laugh

I`m too erratic! Ask Kow!!

And there u have it... I keep quiet for ages and all of a sudden, the LOT tries to come out at once. Amusing. smiley - biggrin

I blame it on being a Monkey in Chinese Astrology!!

As I said, don`t worry about adding my favs.

I`m hoping that you are looking for your notes instead... smiley - smiley

Take care.

Be well and be happy Sir Knight

Jane smiley - rainbow
smiley - magic


My favourites.. which leave a lot to be desired to anyone except me. :-)

Post 7

kow


I don't know nothingsmiley - whistle

smiley - laugh


smiley - zen


My favourites.. which leave a lot to be desired to anyone except me. :-)

Post 8

Chovinano.

Sean.... being polite... I could bop you on the nose, I really could.

(I did say I was being polite!!)

Just think paintballing or archery. (Preferably archery!)

I`m going to go try your link now. If it doesnt work, thee knows thee shall suffer in emails dost thou!!

I also meant what I said earlier! Curiousity has got the better of me for the moment but I still say that eventually, I shall withdraw. smiley - smiley

Paladin.... my Great Grandmother was a herbalist for a village. I do have some knowledge but not much.

I`m away for now. Need to go check Kows link!!

smiley - smiley

Janesmiley - rainbow
smiley - magic


My favourites.. which leave a lot to be desired to anyone except me. :-)

Post 9

kow


I knew the <./>online</.> would be too much for you to leave alonesmiley - laugh

...and the only missiles allowed aresmiley - flan


smiley - zen


My favourites.. which leave a lot to be desired to anyone except me. :-)

Post 10

Chovinano.

smiley - flan!!!

Really enjoyed that joke!

Could have chosen something more appealing! Something like smiley - cheesecake.

Personally, I would still prefer arrows, but thats just me!! smiley - laugh


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more