Family Values

0 Conversations

"This is the TARDIS", said the Doctor.

"Great. Can I go now?"

"Yep. Bye."

Moments later the TARDIS dematerialised and left a small gale in it's wake.

Samantha got on with her life. Time went by, she got old. She never married. She got her pension.

Then one day a Vvworp Vvworp sound could be heard. The Doctor had returned. "Would you like to change anything about your life?"

"I'd like more money."

"Ok one moment."

The TARDIS disappeared and reappeared almost as quickly. "Here you go"

The Doctor handed Samantha a lottery ticket. "These are the winning numbers for todays lottery. You'll be a millionaire."

"Great", she said.

"Would you like to come with me this time?" said the Doctor.

"No thanks."

"Fair enough"

Then the TARDIS disappeared again.

Months went by. Samantha moved into a large house, she went on a cruise, and spent lots of money on gifts for herself. Then one day, the Doctor returned.

"I have a gift for you." he said.

"Oh? What is it?"

The Doctor moved aside to reveal a girl. "Meet Caroline." Caroline stood there looking a little uncomfortable.

"Why are you giving me a girl?"

"I think you need a challenge"

"But I'm happy as I am."

"But Caroline isn't. She hasn't got anyone. And she's not safe with me, I live a dangerous life. You can give her a good life."

"No, I don't want to."

Caroline looked at her sadly. "Look I'm sorry but I have enough on my plate living my own life."

"You need someone to care about. Ok let's put it this way, Caroline can stay here for two months. After that time I'll return."

Samantha looked in to the little girl's sad eyes, and sighed. "Ok Doctor, you've helped me a lot, I can do this for two months. If things aren't working out I'll sort something else out."

"Great! Ok that's sorted! Have fun Caroline, Samantha! I'll see you in two months!"

And with that the Doctor disappeared leaving the young girl and old lady in uncomfortable silence.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A83604134

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more