A Conversation for Unwritten Posting Rules

Brilliant!

Post 1

andrews1964

These are great rules - really helpful.
smiley - smiley


Brilliant!

Post 2

Researcher 188007

Why thank you very much smiley - biggrin

I should have another look at them actually, tinker with them a bit. So you're back after a break then?


Brilliant!

Post 3

andrews1964

I've been in Scotland for a few days, and next week I'm going away again... I quietly cheered some of your contributions on the moral majority thread, but I don't think I could keep up with the debate going on there.
smiley - smiley


Brilliant!

Post 4

Researcher 188007

Oh, Scotland! I'm an Anglo-Scot, but haven't been North of the Border for 20-odd years. I have to go back there sometime, maybe this summer.

Which of my contributions were you cheering, may I ask? The ones about sexuality, 'stop persecuting the religious, they can't help themselves' or 'roll up, roll up, come and join the circus'? smiley - winkeye


Brilliant!

Post 5

andrews1964

I enjoy the style and common sense of your posts. I disagree with a lot of them, as also with Edward and Math (who also sparkle in debate). I'm closer to Della generally, but I did enjoy your 'they can't help themselves' sort of line - maybe ruefully. I'll wander over to the big top and see what's going on... After ten days away there are 239 posts to look at!
smiley - cheers


Brilliant!

Post 6

Researcher 188007

Why thank you smiley - biggrin

Coming next! Sorb as the Human Cannonball smiley - starsmiley - run


Brilliant!

Post 7

U1250369

I was looking for these rules. And now I've found themsmiley - biggrin


Brilliant!

Post 8

ITIWBS

Good rules, I've been reading some of the materials of the class alluded to and considering options and game plans, have one in mind particularly under rule five... something rather unconventional, inspired by two of America's great schoolmasters, Andrew Jackson and Woodrow Wilson.

Thought problem on Andrew Jackson: Would you describe him as excessively impetuous and hot-blooded, or so cold-bloodedly rational as to inspire terror?

Seriously, on h2g2, I like the friendly and open tenor of the site, have been very favorably impressed by the consideration and good manners I've consistently seen; also the capacity for honest and reasonable criticism and correction, which is something I've been looking for.

If there is any place I would prefer to be biddable and cooperative, it is here.smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Unwritten Posting Rules

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more