who is this god person anyway! (CAC Edition)

0 Conversations

Technology is great in it year after year new toys and gadgets appear which are designed to make our lives easier. As soon as one person invents something you can bet a few weeks down the line a new and improved version will be out there with a lot more lights. Man cant help to try to improve what's gone before. Even our own bodies have been lovingly recreated and improved through genetic sciences. Robots are becoming more and more advanced and more and more like us, though of course not exactly like us they will have to be better of course. They will have to be faster, stronger why give them just normal eyes when they could have x ray vision etc etc.

We are not long away from a fully walking talking machine which can do the things we do but better, and they will become our way of as they already do exploring environments which are hostile to us. Now my point if we genetically engineer a robot, humanoid etc we make it in our image but with improvements on our limitations. As we have created this being ourselves we are in effect its creator or term another word god. Built to excel in an environment where we cant live or move about in ourselves. These machines are our children and they are superior to us by design. Now what if you believe in a God, a creator of mankind wouldn't the same applied. God created man in his own image, if he did would he improve us if he was such a great God surly it would make sense to make a few tweaks here and there. wouldn’t it? Are we a new and improved version of an old design are we in effect better than what ever created us? Could it be at all possible that we are better than God? What do you think?

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A8184972

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more