Guns and Schools

3 Conversations

Add that bulletproof vest to your back to school shopping list.

It's insane, it really is. How many times am I have to going to hear about some kid(s) who shot up some high school before I stop hearing how "It's not the gun's fault" and "If only the teachers were armed". Oh, yes, I'll feel much more comfortable when more people have guns.

I actually had a dream where I was in high school when a shooting indicent started, the clearest dream I've had in quite some time. I mean, it's rare that I remember dreams at all, and here I am having a bad one about this stuff when I've been out of high school for 10 years anyway. It has disturbed me more than anything in recent memory.

Surely there's a point where the loss of freedom caused by tighter gun control is offset by the greater possibility that the controls will result in less senseless gun violence! Other civilized countries have figured this out.

Anyone know of a good country I could emigrate to? I'm not sure I can live in this one anymore. Too many people have lost their minds while holding on to their gun rights.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A80434

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more