Scott Bennett's Diary: Entry 11 'Why I No Write, Again'

0 Conversations

Okay so last year I wrote diary entry 10 with the aim of getting back into the swing of things here at h2g2 but a combination of boredom and laziness has prevented me from doing so.
In the last 6 months some things have happened though (god it'd be sad if I'd done nothing), it's just that not very many things have happened. I am still here in Birkenhead and am now looking for a job again having just decided to quit my non-lucrative bar job.
However I am also certain to be back in London in the next 12 weeks on a permanent basis, so that is quite exciting.
The main thing I have done since Christmas is get unfit after having lost a stone and added a lot of muscle in the last 3 months of 2001.
The best thing to happen this year is that it appears to be the best year of albums since the mid nineties. The three records that characterise this wonder the best have been Jim O'Rourke's 'Insignificance', The Streets' 'Original Pirate Material' and The Flaming Lips' 'Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots'.
All of these have been like breaths of fresh air through my record collection and room this spring and summer. I've had precious little else to do except watch TV and listen to music so that's what I've done.
I have been to Lancaster a bit though....
And I have been to Bath to take place in a 20 nugget event...
I guess I should tell you about these trips in my next entries.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A792614

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more