A Conversation for Paper Cuts

Beard Raising

Post 1

Queex Quimwrangler (Not Egon)

I well remember the day I acquired my beard. For simplicity's sake, I had it grown hydroponically, thus avoiding that troublesome 'burn-in' period. I visited it in its vat, cooing over its slow development. When it was ready, it had to be transplanted in an eighteen-hour procedure. I can still remember the cold, hard lights and the furrowed brow of Dr. Kudyupliespizov. He removed a kidney into the bargain, a splendid man.

Sadly, beard cultivation had its downs as well as ups. It is an affront to the dignity of man to have to massage anti-dandruff shampoo into one's facial hair. And the appearance of ginger patches was, according to Dr. Kudyupliespizov, unfortunate but uncorrectable. I can live with the ridicule and the scorn. I can even live with begie carpets. But no man should have suffer the pure horror of a keyboard clogged with beard dandruff.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more