A Conversation for Talking Point: Write Your Own Obituary

Dead and pissed off

Post 1

NAITA (Join ViTAL - A1014625)

NAITA never believed in an afterlife. The problem with that belief, he would say, is that it can never be proven, only disproven. If he did get proof he was wrong he is probably kicking himself right now muttering "well I'll be damned".
He is probably also shouting "I wasn't ready yet!" NAITA's plan was living well into his 130s to have time for everything he never did. If there is any one word that describes NAITA it would be proscrastination. Tomorrow he would have been 110, and he had more plans for things to do 'in the near future' than most of us have had through an entire life.
"Take the lesson of my life to heart," NAITA would say, "Don't postpone what can be done immediately, it will only bring you grief." He would say this because he thought the world would be a better place for it, not because this was his experience. NAITA was quite content with his few accomplishments, and satisfied with the knowledge that he would have been great, if only he had gotten around to it.
And now we will never know what he could have done, we can only remember what he did do, and how it made us all feel. "Funerals are for the living", NAITA said once, "the dead don't actually care." So let us all now take a moment to remember our own NAITA and satisfy his belief that he would be remembered, and remembered with fondness.
The gravesite will be officially online in an hour, please sign the guestbook, if not to please NAITA, then to share your memories with the rest of us who see his death as a loss.
All is Ignorance.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more