Walibi Schtroumpf

2 Conversations


"Ver are you all coming from?"

Remember the Smurfs? Those lovable/ irritating (delete as appropriate) little blue creatures who used to brighten/ ruin (more deleting required) your morning TV watching? Well, they're alive (ish) and well (sort of) in a theme park in the North eastern corner of France. Near Metz, to be precise. So you can go along in person and worship/ throttle (you know what to do) to your hearts content.

Walibi Schtroumpf is one of the European "sixflags" sites which have theme parks in France, Spain, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. The common website is www.sixflagseurope.com

Location



Situated north of Metz, towards the border with Luxembourg, the park is well signposted from the A4 autoroute. ( Take the Semmecourt exit). It is also accessible by train, with its own stop, again from Metz.

Rides

There are a variety of rides which ensure that all age ranges are catered for. For example, there is a reasonably good log flume ride (Walligator), but if that's too scary for little kids, there's also a smaller version (Aquaschtroumpf). Aside from the usual attractions (tea cups, carousel, monorail) none of which are exceptional, the following rides are the ones which are worth exploring:

Anaconda - the highest wooden roller coaster on Europe, with speeds of up to 110 km/hr.

Gargamel's Revenge - a unique attraction which shoots riders vertically for 55 metres in 2.5 seconds, experiencing a force of 5G, before letting them freefall drop for a number of milliseconds. I saw stars. Literally.

Comet Space - 1 loop and a couple of corkscrews.

Odyssea (raft ride) - a great guaranteed soaking with some nice touches such as a pass through a waterfall, and some yucky ones like the bridge on which thousands of pieces of chewing gum have been stuck.

What else is there?



There are a number of staged shows. Particularly good is "Le Tresor du Pharoah", an Indiana Jones inspired story of adventure. There are the usual eating establishments around, serving crepes, waffles, hotdogs, pizza. And there are a few souvenir shops. Oh, and of course there are Smurfs wandering round, waving, having their photos taken...

Cost



Day entrance is 21.80 euros for adults, 16.75 for 3-11 year olds. If you plan to visit some other European sixflags sites during the same year, consider getting a season pass for 49 euros.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A786666

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more