A Conversation for Recent Anti-American Terrorism (an opinion)

*applauds*

Post 1

the Shee

This explains pretty well what I think, although ... Never mind. But it is *very* astute, I think. The only solution I see is to let everyone live their own lives... But that only works for the USA, because we are half a world away and don't deal with this every day. And somehow I get the feeling that even if *one* side is willing to let the other be itself, they both will not be willing.

It is a continuation of my belief that we (the US especially, but also including many other countries who are close to this point) should mind our own business and not try to be The World Leader, because we are a single country -- a single very rich country -- and thus cannot make judgements on others because we do not *know*.

They wanted our attention. They got it. But it isn't quite the form of attention that they wanted.

This entire situation (Islam vs West and by extension Palestine vs Israel) is the greatest problem-causer in the world today, and I see no real ways to fix it....


But thank you for being an astute person and putting this up on h2g2, where hopefully more people will read it and perhaps get a jolt and begin to think for themselves.......


*applauds*

Post 2

Fire Bat

Thank you very much.


*applauds*

Post 3

the Shee

You're quite welcome.........


I hadn't realised that you are less than a day old here... Instead of starting a new conversation, do you mind if I bother you here? smiley - winkeye

Just some quick ACE-y stuff, although... I'm not an ACE. *shrug* ACEs are here to welcome you to h2g2.... I'll welcome you even though I am not official. smiley - winkeye

This is a hint (you may have already figured it out)-- whenever you create a new page for the Guide, at the bottom of the page you can click "inform me of new conversations about this entry" or some such thing, and you will always know when people are talking about the entry. If you click those same words on your Space, you will automatically be informed whenever someone wants to talk to you. smiley - smiley

Do you play chess? If you do, you might want to check out h2g2's chess club... I don't have the link right here, but if you click on my name in the box at the top of this posting, you'll be taken to my Space. The link is on there, somewhere. If you reply with interest, and I still have internet access, I can give you the easy clickable link in this conversation....

Or if you like music, play an instrument, sing, whatever, you might want to stop by the Musician's Guild, which is also linked to on my page....

The last idea that I'll bother you with right now, is to go to the Universal Friends of H2G2 page. There's billion of conversations listed that you can join. An easy one that doesn't have any purpose (and you will never miss anything that someone says on it) is a Word Game. You just respond to what the person before said. It's enjoyable to see where the words lead to. smiley - smiley

smiley - peacesign Shee


*applauds*

Post 4

Fire Bat

thank you again for the welcome... i don't play much cess or any instrument, but ill check out that Word Game thing, it sounds cool.


*applauds*

Post 5

the Shee

Well, I mean, do you like music? That's a good enough excuse as any... smiley - winkeye Especially if you like Queen, because Danny B (he runs the Musician's Guild) will love you forever if you love Queen.... smiley - winkeye


*applauds*

Post 6

Rik Bailey

I think your comment is a bit rash on the Arabs killing people. Before you judge them then maybe you should judge Isreal for the restrictions it has put on the palestinian people aswell. Religion is not bad if every one followed it properly. The problem lies with those who use Religion as a excuse for there own goals. Like Osama bin Laden, but there are also those who do not use religion as a excuse like Aerial Sharon.
Maybe if he had not distroyed there homes stopped there water etc they would not have to fight to live.

Adib


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more