Pillsbury Toaster Scrambles

1 Conversation

A very interesting food product available now in stores since 2000 are Pillsbury Toaster Scrambles. These cheap packets are interesting, and sometimes confusing when you eat them. Are they efficient, or just a weird idea?

Anatomy of a Toaster ScrambleThe Crispy Crust

No one can really be sure exactly what is in the Crispy Crust... The LONG ingredient list has so many odd things, who knows how many of them are in the crust alone. The ingredients I can garuntee are in the Crust are Bleached Enriched Flower, Partially Hydrogenated Vegtable Oil, and water. The crust creates the shape that the Packets are and is hollow enough to hold the other ingredients.

The Cheese and Eggs

Cheese and Eggs are filled inside the Crust and serve as the main flavor inside the packets. This part is the part which most of the total fat comes from. Per Packet, there is twelve grams of fat. The eggs and cheese are mixed together, and in order to make it look appealing, they mixed in colors Yellow 5 and Yellow 6. There are a number of odd-sounding things in the mix, including Citric Acid and Guar Gum.

Meat

The main difference between each type of Toaster Scrambler is the meat. While some contain Ham, others contain Sausage or Bacon. None of these are substitutes and are completely real, unlike plenty of common foods.

Nutrition Facts

1 serving is equal to one pastry (47 grams).

Calories Per Serving: 180

Calories from Fat: 110

Total Fat: 12 Grams

Saturated Fat: 2.5 Grams

Cholesterol: 25 Miligrams

Sodium: 370 Miligrams

Total Carbohydrate: 14 Grams

Dietary Fiber: 0 Grams

Sugars: 1 Gram

Protein: 4 Grams

Vitamin A: 0% Vitamin C: 0%

Calcium: 0% Iron: 4%

Cooking a Good Toaster ScrambleIngredients and Tools

You will need 2 Toaster Scrambles, Because 1 is just too little. You will also need a microwavable plate, toaster or toaster oven, microwave, and if you like, oven mits.

Step 1: Forget About the Box

The Box's Instructions on cooking a Toaster Scramble is not as good as the one I'm about to give you.

Step 2: Prepare Cooking Device

You need to set your toaster or toaster oven to cook just a bit less than medium. If your Toaster is numbered from 1 to 10 on cooking level, select 3.

Step 3: Toast

Put the two Toaster Scrambles in the Toaster or Toaster oven and cook for one cycle.

Step 4: Cook The Food Within

When the cycle is done, take out the Toast. It may be hot and you might want to use oven mits. Put the Sramble on a Microwavable Plate and stick it in the microwave on high for 20-30 seconds... Depending on how afraid of overcooking it you are.

Step 5: Analyze the Food

Take the Scrambler out of the Microwave and analyze it. If it is spewing chunky yellow fluids out, you cooked it for too long and should cook it less next time. It may be hot, so you should wait until you can pick it up. You should also test to see if the inside is cooked by biting a small peice off. If the inside is very cold, you should cook it again. Next time you might try cutting off a corner to let the insides cook a little more.

Step 6: Consume

Uh, well.... er.... eat it.

Eating a Toaster Scramble

You can either eat a toaster scramble like a sandwhich or with a fork and knife. I prefer to eat it like a sandwhich, however your hands get a little greasy with crumbs on it. Chopsticks are not very good for eating a toaster scramble with, because you have to cheat and stick the sticks inside the Scramble like a fork.

Eating a Toaster Scramble is an odd experience. It feels filling, but when you're waiting for a lunch break you realize that you might want to eat 4 instead of 2! Also, the taste is not too satisfying, and a bit on the salty side.

Worth the Buy?

Although a Toaster Scramble is fast and easy to make, the taste is not as good as it could be, it isn't filling enough, and is rather expensive for what it gives. I'd have to say that Toaster scrambles are in the OK zone, but you could give it worse of a rating.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A780860

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more