42 and here we go. Wheee!

1 Conversation

42. So many people are confused on the subject of 42. Why 42? This is what the BabblePhysh has to say on the subject:

42 is the product of a genius mind. The genius, Douglas Adams, picked the number to represent the unpredictable and quite ironic Universe. Is there an actual meaning to life, the universe and everything? NO! Just a group of random numbers floating in space. A computer chose 42, just another random number, as THE ULTIMATE ANSWER. So, what is the question? The Earth was built to create the question to the answer of 42, but it exploded before the answer could be found. Arthur Dent, one of the last humans remaining, was part of the Earth's computer program. Through a random selection of letters from a scrabble bag, he found the question: "What do you get when you multiply six by nine?" WOW! Quite random and ironic, isn't it, that 6*9 does not equal 42?!?! SUCH IS LIFE! And my guess is that Adams knew this and picked a number that he felt suitable of this controversy. So, there you go... That is my opinion on the subject.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A756317

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more