A Conversation for P.U.D.D.I.N.G.

The Waiting Game...

Post 1

UnfadingAscendant - Above the ashes

Here's the deal. I'm trying to get myself onto a college course for September, problem is, I'm currently on the New Deal program run by the Job Centre and because of that there are certain rules that have to be followed. Stuff like number of hours and how long the course lasts. So I've spent the past month running back and forwards chasing papers and hours trying to got the thin organised, and now that I finally think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel I can now do nothing until friday because I don't see my advisor til then.

I just want the whole thing over


The Waiting Game...

Post 2

Researcher 198131

Ohh, I've been through that. It absolutely sucks! I remember loosing it and screaming at some poor woman on the phone. I was trying to work out if I could still get Austudy (as it was then called, a supplement from the gov't for students) for a course I wanted to do.
Apparently I couldn't and I remember screaming at her saying I wish I was rich. She asked why. I said so I wouldn't have to deal with stupid smiley - bleep like this and I could just do any course I liked.

My best wishes for you, Acendant. I hope everything works out.

smiley - elf


The Waiting Game...

Post 3

UnfadingAscendant - Above the ashes

Thank you. I went to an open day about a week ago and I felt as though I was jumping through hoops to get the application sorted in a way that would keep everyone happy (New Deal, the College, etc)

I was watching the people who were coming straight out of school and they were having no trouble at all. I just wanted to punch the walls


The Waiting Game...

Post 4

Researcher 198131

Yeah, I know. Go stand in this queue, go stand in that queue. Sign this paper, sign that. Go get so and so to sign that. Choose your subjects, make sure they don't clash. Go talk with the co-ordinator. It's a whole day of waiting. smiley - grr

smiley - elf


The Waiting Game...

Post 5

UnfadingAscendant - Above the ashes

and theres not one thing I can do until I get the ok from my New Deal advisor (who I can't see until friday)


The Waiting Game...

Post 6

Ormondroyd

I'm signing on while taking a part-time degree course. Thus far, the dole trolls haven't given me any trouble over the course I'm doing at Uni. smiley - goodluck However, the last time I signed on, the genius behind the counter did a 'job search' on her computer for me and suggested that I might like to apply for a vacancy she had for an 'office junior'. To which I replied, 'Do you really think that someone who's looking for an office junior is likely to take on a 45-year-old?'

Her response? 'Well... er... I'm not going to say that to you, am I?' smiley - steam


The Waiting Game...

Post 7

Researcher 198131

Well, maybe she thought you looked younger?

smiley - elf


The Waiting Game...

Post 8

Ormondroyd

smiley - laugh Thank you for that kind thought! smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post