A Conversation for P.U.D.D.I.N.G.

Camping and 'personal space'

Post 1

Cheerful Dragon

Hubby and I went camping last week. Unfortunately we picked a week that was the run-up to a Bank Holiday weekend and half-term holiday. Everything was fine until Friday, when the campsite rapidly filled with families from Sheffield and Nottingham (the nearest large towns). Some families were fine, only allowing their kids to play around their 'unit' (tent, motorhome, caravan). Others allowed their kids to cycle madly round the site, with no consideration for other campers walking around or driving into / out of the site. We were pitched close to a wall, but the kids would cycle between our tent and the wall, as well as cycling close to it on every other side! They'd play football and other ball games close to the tents, too - our tent and our car were hit more than once, despite hubby asking politely if they'd be a bit more careful.

Don't get me wrong. We have no objection to kids making a noise and having fun while playing - provided that they do it in an appropriate place. Close to other peoples tents and vehicles isn't it. That's an invasion of 'personal space', never mind the damage they could cause. What made it worse is that the parents didn't seem to care what their kids were doing, or the fact that they were causing problems for other people.smiley - crosssmiley - steamsmiley - grr Fortunately we were off-site for most of Friday and Sunday - Hubby reckoned the kids and their parents spoiled the last few days of our holiday for him.


Key: Complain about this post

Camping and 'personal space'

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more