A Conversation for Gheorgheniplex: Marauding Galaxies

Finally I get to see!

Post 1

Willem

Heh heh! I wanted to see this cartoon for a while and today I succeeded! Usually when I'm here I can't see many of the images - and so it was, too, for this cartoon. But today I managed! How? Via Google! I was randomly searching for stuff and came upon ... my own picture of Shansitherium! This is the first time one of my paintings show up on Google images - and it did so close to the top! So I searched for other of my stuff on Google but didn't get it. I wanted to see if my Dodo pictures made it ... they didn't but the *article* did, and from there I followed the link back to h2g2 ... and wonder of wonders, suddenly the pictures show up here again! And then I went to the Post so I could view your cartoon, and voila! To prove I actually saw it: it's about galactic cannibalism. Did you know though, that one galaxy can swallow up another - with hardly any stars or star systems getting destroyed or disturbed in the process? Because stars are so incredibly distant from each other!


Finally I get to see!

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl Yes, we were having a discussion last week about whether h2g2 influenced google much, and I did some searching, just for laughs.

I found Gheorgheniplex and Platypus Dancing cartoons - offered by an Indian website, as wallpaper!

Be careful, yours will show up there some day, and somebody in Bangalore will use your dodo to liven up his day. smiley - winkeye

Prof Animal Chaos was on at me about those galaxies - I realise that sometimes it makes no difference, but the researchers have found fragmentary matter that indicates that this did happen.

It reminded me of the hot-button anthropologist issue: Were Tribe X cannibals? (Big argument in the Southwest US.) And then they start saying, 'Look. We found these bones, see? And that looks like cooking to us. Get over it.' smiley - rofl


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Gheorgheniplex: Marauding Galaxies

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more