A Conversation for Africa Blindness

Peer Review: A717978 - Africa Blindness

Post 1

TheMyriadWhoIsALordOfTheRingsFanatic

Entry: Africa Blindness - A717978
Author: TheMyriadWhoIsALordOfTheRingsFanatic - U191081

Hello.

I have been advised by The Artist formerly known as Hullabaloo to submit this poem for review.

Myriad.


A717978 - Africa Blindness

Post 2

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


Hi Myriad,

I don't disagree with what you say, but I'm not sure that this is suitable for the *edited guide*. The edited guide is like an interactive online encyclopaedia, and requires a certain neutral style. This is a personal perspective (albeit one that few would disagree with), and therefore isn't really suitable. Also, poetry isn't suitable either. I should say that saying that something isn't suitable for the edited guide isn't the same as saying it's bad. THe edited guide writing guidelines are not (not intended to be) universal guidelines for good writing, but just for what is being looked for on one part of this site.

However, if you'd like comments, you could submit it to another review forum. If you click on my name, it'll take you to my personal space, which has a list of useful links on the guidelines for edited entries, and about other review forums.

This is a well-written entry. One option that you might want to consider is submitting this for the H2G2 post, which is what I do with some of my opinion pieces. There's a link to the post from the front page.

I think you're absolutely right about compassion fatigue, but I think that you might also want to say something about perceptions of Africa. I spent a week in Namibia, and from my experience, Africa isn't a basket-case continent which is hopeless and helpless, where everyone is starving. True, there are massive problems which can't be solved without outside help (debt relief tied to political and financial reforms), but many African countries are making progress against all the odds.

Best wishes

Otto


A717978 - Africa Blindness

Post 3

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

I would suggest that this is best moved to the Alternative Writing Workshop, as it will find a more natural home there. Any seconders?

FM


A717978 - Africa Blindness

Post 4

TheMyriadWhoIsALordOfTheRingsFanatic

That's fine. Do I need to move it and, if so, how do I do it?

Myriad.

PS Thanks for the kind words - sheer bliss for any writer!


A717978 - Africa Blindness

Post 5

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")


Hi again,

You can remove it from peer review by clicking on the link at the the top of this conversation. This will take you to a list of peer review entries sorted by date of last posting. You should see a "remove" link next to your entry. If you click that, it'll take it out of peer review (but *not* delete it!!)

You can then go back to the entry, edit it and save it again, and then recommend it for another forum, such as the alternative writing workshop.

Best wishes

Otto


A717978 - Africa Blindness

Post 6

TheMyriadWhoIsALordOfTheRingsFanatic

Thanks - I'll do it . . .


Key: Complain about this post