A Conversation for GreyDesk's Influences

The Smiths

Post 1

Beatrice

You'd love my local radio station here in Luxembourg (No, not THE radio Luxembourg, just a local station that broadcasts a morning show in English)

Jim Kent is the DJ's name, and he could teach Smashie and Nicie a thing or too on cheesy dee-jay technique. But he always, always plays a Smiths song each morning. Often, in what I can only guess is self-depracating post-modern ironic fashion, "Hang the DJ"


The Smiths

Post 2

GreyDesk

smiley - laugh Nice one smiley - ok

And to put my Smiths smiley - geek hat on for a moment, that track is in reality called "Panic", not that anyone ever uses that name smiley - smiley


The Smiths

Post 3

Beatrice

Thanks for the music lesson, it's always good to know the proper title.

Girlfriend in a Coma seems to be his current favourite, although this morning it was my own personal fave - What Diffrence does it make.

You're gonna give me all the proper titles now, aren't you, with brackets an'commas an' everything all in the right place....

smiley - blue


The Smiths

Post 4

GreyDesk

I could do if you wanted....smiley - winkeye

GD [just taken delivery of three Israeli editions of Smiths LPs smiley - geek]


The Smiths

Post 5

Beatrice

ooooh, go on then.

What's so special about the Isreali editions?

smiley - star


The Smiths

Post 6

GreyDesk

They've got some printing on the label saying, "manufactured under license in Israel" and some Hebrew text, which I presume sayas the same thing. That's about the only difference from the UK edition.

Well I did say I was a smiley - geek on this subject didn't I....


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for GreyDesk's Influences

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more