A Conversation for Project: The Saint by Leslie Charteris

Project: The Saint By Leslie Charteris

Post 1

Wordsmith1611

Not sure if this project ever got finished but the list of books and dates need qualifying if they are to be informative and accurate. Those quoted seem to be for the UK only - many were published earlier in the USA - where Charteris lived for some years - usually the year before eg The Saint In Europe was issued in USA in 1953 and later in 1954 in the UK. Some of the titles and combinations of stories were also different.
Did some research myself some time back and even went to the trouble of transcribing the original book reviews via the BL Newspaper Library but never had the time to finish the job - and probably never will. But would prefer to see the info go to some good use. So if the researcher/s concerned or anyone else wants this and other miscellaneous info about the books and Charteris gleaned from original articles I could supply.


Key: Complain about this post

Project: The Saint By Leslie Charteris

More Conversations for Project: The Saint by Leslie Charteris

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more