A Conversation for Gyre And Gimble / Come and Contribute

juskenny

Post 1

juskenny

I'd like to submit an entry to AGG/GAG/CAC and claim my fifteen minutes of fame... (Be sure to include your researcher U-number and the A-number of the entry you'd like to contribute or recommend.)
Remember to live life to love life or why live? Life IS love...


juskenny

Post 2

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

One must remember that the simplistic notion that everyone in the world will get fifteen minutes of fame was suggested by Andy Warhol back in the 1960s. He was of course referring to TV which appeared then to already have a voracious appetite for minutia and a predeliction for elevating underdogs onto pedestals.

But by 2001, when Agg/Gag was created, it was already fast becoming 'untrue' in the sense that 15 minutes was a long time relative to the speed of life which has increased exponentially (like some turbo charger gone mad) since those heady days when junkies like Warhol could still get media attention without actually killing anyone.
smiley - bigeyes

As for Agg/Gag/Cac, its principles and principal functions have been since been usurped by the Underguide folks, who like you prefer to use fewer words. Links to the Underguide and its folks can be found on the h2g2 Front Page.

smiley - cheers
~jwf~


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more