Announcements

0 Conversations



Meets

  • Danish Meet-up
    30/31 March 2002 is the date for the first Danish h2g2 Meet-up. If you think that you may be interested in attending, please drop along to the h2g2 Danish Meet forum and make yourself known. All h2g2ers are welcome no matter where they are based.

  • Sydney Meet 2002

    Those Aussies sure enjoy a good pi... err... meet! Another one has been organised on the 13th April, to be held at the at the Carlisle Castle Hotel in Newtown
    at 2pm 'ish'.

    Sign up Here if you would like to attend.

  • Scottish Spring/Summer Meet 2002

    Plans are well underway for the next Scottish Meet. The date is now firmly set as 11th May, the venue, this time, being Edinburgh. Hie along to the Scottish Summer Meet 2002 page to sign up, make suggestions for activities or to find out who has already expressed an interest.

  • Hampshire Meet
    'Somewhen during the course of the year we hope to organise a meet up for all researchers in Hampshire. We are thinking of holding it somewhere in the New Forest and would like to go to a KFC (Due to the availability of sporks). If you know of anywhere then please suggest it.'

    With these words Happy Little Elf introduced the possibility and two threads began. Visit the Hampshire Meet page to sign up and also check out this forum.


Important News From the Zaphodista's

March 15, 2002 will mark one year since h2g2 came back under the BBC. Why not celebrate by signing the Petition for Greater Freedom on h2g2, so we can print one paper copy of all the electronic signatures and send it straight to Bush House by March 15? Also find out how you can End Moderation by Partying Harder! at the Last Gasp Petition Drive/One Year of BBC Celebration!


TransVolvania

After Rupert, when the BBC had taken over the Guide, English was the only official language of the Guide. But very soon some people had started to try other languages, which had to be moderated away. To solve that problem, some researchers have started to volunteer as (in-)official translators. Their playground can be found at TransVolvania and you can read more about them here.


Attention All Mac Users!

The Orchard, a new group for Mac users, is now up and running. The general idea is to get you Mac users in touch with each other as a source of mutual support and amusement. So, don't be shy, stand up and make yourselves known!


H2G2 Parent and Child Group

Does your family teeter in that half-life called parenthood? Do you feel the need to share your experiences? If so, The Post is pleased to introduce the H2G2 Parent and Child Group

Whether coping with babies, toddlers or teenagers, this is just the place to swop horror stories and coo over new arrivals.


Special Sites at this time


New Sites of Interest

  • Interested in the Bagpipes? Love them or hate them? If so, why not call in at the newly-created Bagpipe Club and join the skirl with Angel of Hatred.

  • Into cars? Best you get into gear and burn rubber to check out the H2G2 Car Club!

  • Captain Venom is attempting to introduce new life into the old h2g2 Space Center. The Starpilot Hotel Space Station is a sparkling new venue affiliated to the original H2G2 Space Centre.

  • Attention all Researchers interested in or developing GuideML editing
    software of any kind: the GuideML Editor Writers'
    Caffeine Machine
    is now open for business. The aim is to provide
    a central location for discussion, help and collaboration among GuideML
    editor writers, with the intention of improving all GuideML editors
    across the world.

  • A new game has just started which all you funsters out in h2g2 land will enjoy. The Thre3: The h2g2 Challenge , run by SmartGamer has started this week. The challenge is to find out what one word fits in all thre3 blanks.

    Every day at noon CST (6:00 PM GMT), Smartgamer will check the forum. The first person with a right answer in the correct forum gets a point; most points at the end of the month WINS for the month.

  • Guys - wondering where else you can go??

    Here's somewhere for those in the know

    The service is fine

    The ladies divine

    Dress?? Optional - c'mon - don't be slow

    A group of researchers have noticed that the Men's Shower Room has been sadly neglected of late. So, come on guys, come along and test out the water, shower gel and towels!


Links

The Post is pleased to introduce two new features.

All entries for this feature should be mailed to shazzPRME. Please mark the subject 'Announcements'.


28.02.02. Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Now superceded by The Post Links Page

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A702703

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more