A Conversation for France on h2g2 - The French Connection

So I heard...

Post 1

Mina

Apparently she said 'Let them eat smiley - cake' because someone told her that the poor couldn't afford bread to eat.

Or something similar.


So I heard...

Post 2

Spiff


Hello Linda, delighted to welcome your royal powers_that_be_ness to this tentative French Connection. smiley - ok

I have no idea of the origin, and I am way behind on the project. It's a lot of potential articles and I need to crack on.

Nice to hear from you, I'll check out the reasons for Md'A's comment and let you know on this thread, hopefully.

seeya
spiff


So I heard...

Post 3

Mina

Royal? smiley - blush

I'll stay subscribed to this thread then. smiley - ok

What are you going to do with your French Connection? Just link to all the entries about France? (The Paris project was written by Blues Shark and I, with a little help from IanG.)
Or is it going to be a French Researchers Group? We haven't got one of those yet...


So I heard...

Post 4

Spiff

Well, I thought I'd have a go, in a not_breaking_my_back_for_it kind of a way, at making it a French hub on h2g2; for francophone people and francophiles from around the world. As you say, there doesn't seem to be such a thing here at the mo'.

Course, maybe there aren't many French speakers on the site... I don't know. I have come across other ex-pats based in France. That's a start.

At the moment I am indeed just adding links to French related articles, but once I get a good few together I can get some funky GML into action and do some lists and stuff. What would be nice would be to find some *real live* Frogs in on the action. I know French is out in conv threads, but we could still get some discussion going.

I know there are plenty of ex-pat French in the UK, lots of young people in France are into the net, English is pretty hip over here and I even know that DNA's books are available in French (imagine having to translate some of those names! What fun!)and do pretty well, so what's the problem? Why no Frenchies on h2g2?

I saw your Paris project and have read quite a few articles. I presume you made field trip specially! Great idea. smiley - biggrin You seem to have enjoyed yourselves. Must prepare a project about Berlin some time soon...


So I heard...

Post 5

Mina

Why not Ask h2g2 to try to find some 'real' French people?


So I heard...

Post 6

Spiff


You think I should go for an out-and-out call to arms, do you. Along the lines of, "Any French-speaking researchers out there?"

?

I don't have much experience starting Ask h2g2 threads; does that seem appropriate?

spiff


So I heard...

Post 7

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

sounds fine to me.
One question, can I join as well, even though my French is poor to dissasterous, as I like the French, despite what my Grandfather told me...
smiley - shark


So I heard...

Post 8

Spiff


Francophone or Francophile: the more the merrier! I'm not into closing doors, mostly. smiley - smiley

I'll get a question up there, pop out for a quiet beer, and come back and see what kind of response we get. I already know one or two ex-pats who could be interested, so at the worst, we might end up with a French club with no French people! smiley - laugh

thanks for the encouragement, smiley - ok

seeya
spiff


So I heard...

Post 9

Spiff


It is engendered! I'm off out for a well-earned bevvy after today.

smiley - cheers

seeya
spiff


yeehaw !

Post 10

eska

présent à l'appel !


Key: Complain about this post