A Conversation for You Made Me Do It!

A sombre truth

Post 1

Spiff

Thanks for sharing that, NBY. Smiley type stuff doesn't seem appropriate, but please believe that I found this sincerely moving, written as it is in relatively unemotive language and yet evoking a painful and real source of human unhappiness that is no doubt far from rare in many areas of the world.

I haven't suffered from this kind of thing, and I have been lucky enough not to encounter many cases of it directly in my life. But then, you never *really* know, do you? Nor do I really *know* about the facts and details of the problem. I do know that men and women are capable of hurting each other, in many ways, and that this must be a terrible life to be subjected to.

I hope this piece might be read and appreciated by all kinds of people; those who are fortunate enough not to be involved or have friends of family who are involved; of course, if it could bring some hope to a single victim; and even perhaps help a 'beater' at least to become more conscious of the misery they inflict. I feel that *anyone* could benefit from simply reading and reflecting for a moment.

Thanks, again, for sharing, NBY.

smiley - rose
Spiff


Key: Complain about this post

A sombre truth

More Conversations for You Made Me Do It!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more