Advertising

0 Conversations

Everything humans do is a form of advertising.

Clothes, hair, shoes, way of walking, perfumes, cosmetics, and housing styles, all are methods of indicating what group you belong to and strongly suggesting that any other group is not worthy of your attention.


Religion, politics, and music are forms of advertising. So are nationalism, racism and sexism. If humans could see themselves the way non-humans do, they would assert that their differences make them less part of the mass of humanity and more part of the best of the minority.

It is entirely possible that the rest of the universe would like to stay clear of our sectarian and plebian divisions and make the demarcation line in the sky where the humans and non-humans don't meet.

It is a peculiar conceit that humans believe that non-earthlings would have any useful reason for visiting this planet when they have the whole rest of the universe to visit with none of the problems they would encounter here.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A67856683

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more