A Conversation for South-west England Meet 2002 (child-friendly)

Campsite Confirmation

Post 21

Toccata

Sorry, My tent also comes into the good for carrying, bad for Partying category! smiley - sadface


Campsite Confirmation

Post 22

Peregrin

My tent is about three centimetres square, and has to accomodate both Tinkerbell and myself, which is quite a difficult accomplishment - as we discovered on the side of a mountain on the Isle of Harris smiley - smiley


Campsite Confirmation

Post 23

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

smiley - yikes I've discovered that I have to work on 23 June, so I think this means I can't come.smiley - blue This is a disappointment for me, particularly as the meet has a visit to the Eden Project, which I would dearly love to visit.

I hope all goes well.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote


Campsite Confirmation

Post 24

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

oh boo smiley - cry


Campsite Confirmation

Post 25

Waiting Room

You'll be pleased to know we have somewhere to stay! - I have now made arrangements with Carlyon Campsite, we are booked in between the 20th to the 24th of June.

I arranged with the campsite manager for me to pay in full for my pitch and that also to be counted as a retainer for the further pitches we will require. So you will pay for your pitch when you get there, for as long as you will be staying & no messing about with deposits is needed from you. smiley - biggrin "I love it when a plan comes together!"

I've estimated from the names on the list that there will be between 10 - 15 pitches, and we will all be together once we arrive smiley - smileysmiley - alesmiley - biggrin

Further details about the campsite can be found on their website, a link to which is on the main SW meet page - so check there if you need to know anything further, or ask here. I'll see what I can do.

Looking forward to seeing you all there,
smiley - cheersDNA Meets Team.


Campsite Confirmation

Post 26

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

Looks like I am not going to make it smiley - sadface


Campsite Confirmation

Post 27

Waiting Room

Noooooo!!!!! How come VP?


Campsite Confirmation

Post 28

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

Getting down there in time to go to the Eden Project is probably going to be too tricky, as I have to allow for possibility of oral degree examination on the friday before the saturday you are going, and like, edinburgh to cornwall is quite a distance smiley - sadface


Campsite Confirmation

Post 29

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

and if it wasnt for my possible oral, I would come down for the full 4/5 days, but seeing as it would only be one and a half days, the travel expense becomes harder to justify, even if I could make it down on time...


Campsite Confirmation

Post 30

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

being virtually skint at the moment doesnt help you see..


Campsite Confirmation

Post 31

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

smiley - sadface

got to arrange to get there somehow- car having been withdrawn.

let me know what time you're heading Eden Project-wards and I'll do the train/bus deal to get there, if someone can get me to the campsite afterwards?


Campsite Confirmation

Post 32

Munchkin

Well Toc has kindly hired us a car so we shall definately now be driving down on the Friday night. We'll work out how long it will take us to get there and then we will annoy you further with questions about where people will be then. Ooooo, I've never been to Cornwall before so I am looking forward to it.


Campsite Confirmation

Post 33

Peregrin

My brother tells me that driving to and queuing at the Eden Project can be a nightmare due to the large number of visitors; however you can get a ticket for a bus to it which also enables you to jump the queue at the gates. I will ask him for more details.


Campsite Confirmation

Post 34

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

yeah - I'm pretty sure the buses go from St Austell train station, I imagine their website should say surely (Eden's I mean)
I've not had too much problem getting in there ever, but then I've never been on a Saturday in June.


Campsite Confirmation

Post 35

C Hawke

I've been loads (well 4 times now) and never queued - as long as yuo go in the afternoon and it isn't wet (as then loads more people decide to go)

But I think we should take as few cars as possible.

CH


Campsite Confirmation

Post 36

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

well, apparently I now have the car - a "nice" chunky estate with lots of space in it.


Campsite Confirmation

Post 37

Tinkerbell *tumbleweed*

We have a car and will be arriving on Friday morning so there'd better be someone there at some stage or it'll be a repeat of the MMMPII effort of Wilmslow smiley - erm

Also this a plea for help from a very traumed fairy! I've managed to blag the chance of an audition to present top gear but need to send them a video of me first. PLlllllllllllllleaaaasssseeeee if anyone going has a camcorder can you bring it and I'll even pay rent on it for the 3 minutes that I need it? PLlllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


Campsite Confirmation

Post 38

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

So what time are we planning on heading for the Eden Project on Saturday?
I'm going to be away Thursday am till Friday at about 6ish, so if someone could leave details of where I should meet you guys that would be lovely...


Campsite Confirmation

Post 39

C Hawke

My advice remains we head off after lunch - always the advice of the Eden folk.

Warning - mobiles don't work that well deep in a clay pit in Cornwall - Orange had reception last time I was there but not the 1st time - dunno about other networks.

CH


Campsite Confirmation

Post 40

Event Horizon

Well as someone who knows nothing about the place whatsoever, I'll bow to your superior wisdom Chris.

Name a time & a meeting point & I'll be happy to go along with it.
smiley - cheersASS!


Key: Complain about this post