The h2g2 Post Emoticon Competition!

1 Conversation

At last! A chance for you all to reveal yourselves!

The h2g2 Post is proud to announce, in conjunction with The Towers, a new competion which offers you the chance to display not only how photogenic you are but also how imaginative.

Every month The Post will pick an emoticon from the vast range available on h2g2. All you have to do is have a picture taken of yourself posing as the subject matter.

As with any competition there have to be rules and regulations.

The Rules

  • The photograph must be of yourself, not of a friend, relative or family pet although group pictures of h2g2ers is allowed.
  • It must not include anything which may completely cover the face... paper bags, newspapers etc, although simple props may be used.
  • It may be edited... but not beyond recognition please!
  • It should not break the code of conduct of h2g2.
  • It should be submitted as either a jpeg or gif, sadly bitmaps not accepted.
  • It should be kept to a reasonable size. A 5MB photograph won't make it through my email!

How to Enter

Simple! Send your entry in to shazzPRME on [email protected]. Please mark the subject line as 'Smiley Competition'.

Make sure that you include your user name and number and also which emoticon you are portraying.

The Prizes

Three winning entries will be picked. Their pictures will be displayed in The Post and also be made available for viewing on their own space.

Winners will be picked on the basis of originality and sense of fun. The judges decision is final.

Winner for December

Despite quite a few of you expressing interest sadly only one researcher managed to take up the challenge last month of picking from all the 'Christmas theme' emoticons.

Without further ado we reveal the winner - who managed to impersonate Father Christmas/Santa Claus so well that we shrunk him down and used him in the December 23rd edition - as:

jwf

This Month

This time we will extend the competition to two months to give everyone time to pose at the next h2g2 London Meet taking place at the end of January. The list to choose from is as follows:

smiley - aleAle
smiley - stiffdrinkStiffdrink
smiley - ojOJ
smiley - bubblyBubbly
smiley - stoutStout
smiley - hangoverHangover
smiley - drunkDrunk
smiley - teaTea
smiley - cappuccinoCappuccino
smiley - coffeeCoffee
smiley - cheersCheers

All entries should be received by 28.02.02 for inclusion in the first 'Post' of March

If there is any interest shown we may also consider holding a competition exclusively devoted to Valentines Day... let us know!

shazz



03.01.02. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A676703

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more