What to do in Zagreb, 5 o'clock in the morning, when you've just arrived by bus or train

0 Conversations

Believe it or not, this is far from the worst place to get stranded, dizzy and sleepy, just arriving with some long distance bus or train from Slovenia, Germany, Hungary, Italy or many other departure points around Europe.

At the bus station, you will find open cafes that will sell you food, coffee and even beer. This place never seems to close. Between the train and bus station there is aproximately a 15 minutes walk, and even if you might have to wait for a short time, in this part of town even some bars will open around 6 o'clock in the morning. It might seem like the party never stops, and no time is too early for a drink in this country!

Finding money is no problem either, as long as you've equipped yourself with kunas (Croatian dough) or a credit card. There are plenty of ATM's around. Even the police hanging around doesn't seem to be a problem. They seem more interested in chatting up the girls in the burek-shops than bothering you with pesky questions...

Yes siree, this is defenetely not the worst city in which to get stranded in at this Gods forsaken hour in the morning!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A672149

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more