At last! A chance for you all to reveal yourselves!
The h2g2 Post is proud to announce, in conjunction with The Towers, a new competion which offers you the chance to display not only how photogenic you are but also how imaginative.
Every month The Post will pick an emoticon from the vast range available on h2g2. All you have to do is have a picture taken of yourself posing as the subject matter.
As with any competition there have to be rules and regulations.
- The photograph must be of yourself, not of a friend, relative or family pet1.
- It must not include anything which may completely cover the face... paper bags, newspapers etc, although simple props may be used.
- It may be edited... but not beyond recognition please!
- It should not break the code of conduct of h2g2.
- It should be submitted as either a jpeg or gif, sadly bitmaps not accepted.
- It should be kept to a reasonable size. A 5MB photograph won't make it through my email!
- Entries limited to one picture per emoticon.
How to Enter
Make sure that you include your user name and number and also which emoticon you are portraying.
Three winning entries will be picked. Their pictures will be displayed in The Post and also be made available for viewing on their own space.
Winners will be picked on the basis of originality and sense of fun. The judges decision is final.
Emoticon(s) for December
The editors pick for this month is on a Christmas theme! You can use any of the Christmas-related emoticons and you may use props and pose with friends or relatives provided that at least one of you is signed up for h2g2. As a special treat you may send more than one!
The Post Office has already received one entry - and very nice it is too!
All entries should be received by 22.12.01 for inclusion in the final Post of 2001!