FrontPage Archive - April 2010

0 Conversations

[Prev]part of an unofficial archive of h2g2 front pages[Next]

1 April 2010



®

6 April 2010

A picture of the plant euphorbia pulcherrimum, otherwise known as poinsettia.The Poinsettia Plant - Tips to keep the popular and vibrant festive favourite, introduced to the wider world in 1828, going all year round.

'Bridge Over Troubled Water': the Simon and Garfunkel Album - The masterpiece that became the world-beating folk duo's swansong.

Hallstatt: The Oldest Salt Mine in the World - A fascinating account of the Austrian mine that's 7,000 years old and still going strong.

QOTW: In the old days, making a 'Playlist' meant waiting for a song to finish and then leaping for the Pause button on the cassette recorder.

12 April 2010

A New York Police Department traffic policeman's badge.The Three Tiers of Police Citizen Contact in the United States - A fascinating explanation of an important part of American law.

Asterisms - Another splendid star-gazing Entry, this time looking at familiar star-shapes which aren't constellations in their own right.

Davy Crockett, Tennessee Legend - Davy Crockett the man is perhaps even more interesting than the legend.

QOTW: How DO you suck an egg?

13 April 2010



®

19 April 2010

The Other Side of Roald Dahl: Parts Two and Three - Continuing and concluding the story of one of our greatest writers of children's fiction.

Assistance Dogs International - An invaluable world-wide organisation concerned with training assistance dogs for the public.

PC Operating Systems - A concise up-to-date introduction to the world of systems for personal computers, usefully explaining who does what.

QOTW: It's done for web design what Carl Douglas's 'Kung Fu Fighting' did for music.

20 April 2010



®

23 April 2010

The Common Cuttlefish.The Common Cuttlefish - An extraordinary marine species considered to be highly intelligent due to the size of its brain.

Gift Vouchers - Previously only found at the lower end of the retail market, vouchers and gift cards are now commonplace.

The Legal Side of Death in England and Wales - When someone dies there is a lot of legal paperwork that needs to be completed.

QOTW: What has been the lasting legacy of your working life?

26 April 2010



®

[Prev][Index][Next]

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A65864389

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more