A Conversation for Official h2g2 Pages

Huh?

Post 1

Soothsaya

I am a newcomer here and I have been kindly directed by an A.C.E. to the Post Page of Useful Links. I came here from there. this is supposedly the h2g2 Official Page. Above there is a link named 'The Flea Market'. When I click on it I get a page with a message that the entry has been removed because it broke the House Rules. The entry appears to have been written by the h2g2 editors though! Do the official editors themselves not even know the rules to which entries must stick? This to me is very funny. Also, when I tried to post my query there, I was told I am not allowed to do so! This is also funny seeing as there is a 'Discuss this entry' button there. I have no idea what the Flea Market is supposed to be, seeing as it does appear to be functional ... there are messages from as recent as three days ago. So, this is all very funny and confusing. I also find it rather strange that I am, so far, the only person who has 'discussed' the h2g2 Official Page. Is this some sort of very new thing?


Huh?

Post 2

Soothsaya

I mean to say, this is the h2g2 Official Pages ... in other words links to the official pages. So is the Flea Market an official page or not, and why is there no clue as to what it is about?


Huh?

Post 3

Post Team

So sorry smiley - sadface

The page was moved!

The link is now corrected and all should become clear. smiley - smiley

shazz smiley - magic


Huh?

Post 4

Soothsaya

Thank you, shazz! Do you always spell your name without capitals?

Now that I've seen what it's about, I like the idea! I've glanced over the list of entries ... there may be some I can finish off! I have a rather wide range of interests and a good general knowledge.

This does make me think again though about the matter of 'moral rights' to written work. I understand we give up all such rights to the BBC on anything we write here ... and also, any other researcher here on h2g2 can take over anything written by any other researcher and alter it. This system could be abused if some people are too trusting about their work. That's why I won't let my real name be known here, so that it can't be associated with any of my 'entries', which may be messed up later by other people, and I won't write anything I might want to use elsewhere. What I write here is for charity, up for grabs. I don't know how many entries I'll write ... I might try some soon, but I still want to get a better sense of this site first.


Huh?

Post 5

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

you can delete anything you write at any time you want before editinig. therefore if you dont finish something then you could save it elsewhere, delete it here, and then no one else can use your stuff and you can go back to it if you need to.

FABT


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Official h2g2 Pages

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more