A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

CYBERHUMAN's favourite Doctor

Post 1

CYBERHUMAN

Greetings, my friend. Personally my favourite Doctor was the 7th Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) as I liked the way he was so mysterious [ACE in SILVER NEMESIS: "Who are you?"] and you got the feeling that there was more to him than met the eye. He was also exceedingly eccentric
[After smashing the Dalek Transmat in REMEMBERANCE OF THE DALEKS and watching RACHEL and ALISON'S horrified reactions, the DOCTOR said: "You look hungry. How about some lunch?"] This Doctor was also a scientific mastermind, creating baffling plans and traps to wipe out his two main enemies, the Daleks and the Cybermen [REMEMBERANCE OF THE DALEKS and SILVER NEMESIS]. I liked watching him as all of these added to the Doctor's eccentric, mysterious but still scientific personality, and it certainly made him seem better after the rather agitated, overenthusiastic and mood-swinging 6th Doctor (Colin Baker).
One of the things I really liked about the Doctor was his sonic screwdriver (2nd to 5th Doctors). I loved that little complex device that could: open electronic locks, remove a simple screw, detonate land mines and trigger marsh gas, hypnotise creatures through means of a spinning mirror attached to it and destroy machinery from a distance. However, I do feel that later on he began to rely too much on the sonic screwdriver to get him out of tricky situations and, to be honest, although I really liked the gadget, I was quite relieved when it was destroyed in THE VISITATION.

Goodbye for now, my friend. Keep up the good club!


Key: Complain about this post

CYBERHUMAN's favourite Doctor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more