A Conversation for h2g2 Life

Old Canadians, eh!

Post 1

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

God knows there are lots of young Americans to talk about, but how many old Canadians are there I wonder?
Worth mentioning I mean.

Or was the phrase just one of those polarised balancing acts of wordplay like 'sweet young things' auto-reflexively begets 'dirty old men'.

Could you not just chat about 'cabbages and ..kings', of all things?

smiley - peacedove
~jwf~


Old Canadians, eh!

Post 2

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Lovely artwork BTW. The mixed media works very well, I assume you do coloured magazine or flyer layouts - very slick!
Hey, I understand you couldn't do much with the 'photo' of the 3 stooges, reality being what it are, but Larry Curly and Mo have never looked so good.


Old Canadians, eh!

Post 3

Moondawg

smiley - planetsmiley - dog

Old Canadians, eh?

Paul Anka, Mary Pickford, the Guess Who, Guy Lombardo, William Shatner, Louis B Meyer, Vincent Massey, Art Linkletter, Conrad Black, Zal Yanovski, Papa Denny, Lord Beaverbrook, Celine Dion, James Cameron, Grey Owl, Jim Carey, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen...
well on that note:

How-ooooo!


Old Canadians, eh!

Post 4

TF - The New Fast Automatic F-Reek - Now in DTS

I'm a bit worried who is s'posed to be Larry, Curly or Mo...

I don't know 'bagger and LOONy, was there any 'Stooge' work going on?

I think I resemble..er I mean resent, that accusation...

We we're far too decorous for that weren't we?.... Guys?...smiley - erm

We put all the furniture back and apologised to that elderley couple about their pet, and paid for all the broken stuff... Guys?...

NFAF


Old Canadians, eh!

Post 5

Wowbagger

smiley - laugh

No famous Canadians were mentioned (or even semi-famous ones). I had to nip out of the pub for a bit to grab some cash. I came across this party of middle aged Canadians wandering around the street and gawping at what I considered to be very mundane things.

How did I know they were Canadian?

They all had identical white t-shirts on with "I am a Canadian" written in the center of them. Around this curious phrase (why do other people need to know this?) was a series of sentences explaining things about Canada. "Our national symbol is the Maple Leaf", and other such things that anyone that had attended Primary School would know about the country.

I thought the whole thing looked rather ridiculous and said as much when I got back to the pub. smiley - smiley


Old Canadians, eh!

Post 6

TF - The New Fast Automatic F-Reek - Now in DTS

Also,...

Isn't there stuff in the house rules about mentioning things like Celine Dion?

NFAF


Old Canadians, eh!

Post 7

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

"I Am Canadian" is the slugline of a 'popular' Canadian (lager) beer called .."Canadian". The t-shirts are free in a case of 24.
Many Canucks think that their stereotypical beer-guzzling-hoser image is a good thing ..especially when abroad.

*A hoser is someone who drinks so much beer they are constantly watering the flowers - aka beer-guzzling-Canadians - who are also proud of being able to write their names in the snow with yellow ink*

smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more